• Our deepest thanks to the many GTD enthusiasts who have posted in and read this forum over the years. Because use has been steadily declining in recent years, we have reluctantly decided to make this forum a read-only reference archive. There is an active GTD discussion community on the new GTD Connect. Copy/paste this link to get a free trial: https://bit.ly/4hYicYV We still offer a range of other free resources for GTD enthusiasts at: https://gettingthingsdone.com/resources/

regarding ADDplanner and My Organized Life

Hi All,

I have been reading "ADD Friendly Ways to Organizing Your Life" by Kolberg and Nadeau. While I have never been formally diagnosed with ADD/ADHD or whatever one wants to call it, some of the behaviors described in this book seem to strike a cord.

I've been using the GTD Netcentrics Outlook Add-in product for 2+ years now, and while good for processing emails and handling information for processing, I have found it to be marginal when it comes to visual representations of goals at 10K feet, 20K feet, 30K feet, etc.....

IMHO, the list formatted printouts of GTD Customized Outlook Views are, sensorially speaking, somewhat 'dull' to look at and become inspired by.

For daily actions I use a custom crafted and templated, written daily planning sheet which seems to work better than anything else; however, I would really like to find software that makes up for features that I have been unable to implement effectively with the GTD Outlook Add-in application.

**** Does anyone have experience using the ADDplanner software (www.addplanner.com) either alone or in conjunction with GTD Outlook ? ****

It appears that the software "My Life Organized" (www.mylifeorganized.net) seems to be somewhat similar to ADDplanner with respect to aspects of its 'Projects' features, but I don't believe that it was written specifically for those who exhibit what are referred to as ADD/ADHD behaviors, as was ADDplanner.

Best,
Mike R

COMMENTS/FEEDBACK/SHARED EXPERIENCES MUCH APPRECIATED !
 
Mike r
Do not use AAD Planner myself, however, it did receive a positive review in the Dec/Jan 2006 ADDitude magazine ("To-Do Lists That Really Work" by Michael Sandler p 27). The author also gives "Life Balance" a big thumbs up.

Link to story:
www.additudemag.com/additude.asp?DEPT_NO=405&SUB_NO=26

You best solution may be to trial the program. ADD Planner provides a 90 day money back G/-, not quite the same as a free trial period, nevertheless a good offer. From the FAQ section they note that you can import/export between ADD Planner and Outlook so that may make the 'switch over' easier. They further state that future versions will allow "integration" between the 2 programs (a better solution in my opinion).
 
Top