Retirement and GTD

gtdstudente

Registered
i retired 3 months ago and have found that my use and success of GTD has been sorely lacking.

When I was working, I had robust lists with projects and deliverables. I implemented GTD years ago and felt that I was on top of my work. When I would hit overwhelm, I knew I needed to take a deep breath and look at my GTD system. I used task managers to keep it together. Now I believe paper will be my best tool.

Given my newly retired world, I’ve lost focus on my personal organization. I’ve found that I have been exploring different methodologies to organize my world. At heart, there has to be a use for GTD for someone at this stage of life.

I would love some thoughts or suggestions on how to recapture the pursuit of “mind like water”. It would be interesting to hear from others who have successfully faced this challenge.
TMac, My take is: We don't 'retire' from work, we 'retire' from bosses, especially bad bosses . . . as long as we have our mind there is always work and multiple concerns/obligations to get off of our mind; in order that one of all stripes might enjoy “mind like water” an external brain/memory is required, as such is, among other things, the essence of GTD. Ps. My experience with paper has been most GTD satisfying! Pps. Enjoy your boss-less work life

Last edited: