Scrum and GTD Practice: Possible Alignments

flimbilm

GTD|Connect
Hi there!
This actually the main reason, why I registered here in this forum.
I happily use GTD (with Trello), but my company wants us to do scrum with jira. So I am looking for ways to do this, without giving up GTD.
Does anyone have an idea?

Paul Vahur

GTD Estonia gtd.ee
Hi there!
This actually the main reason, why I registered here in this forum.
I happily use GTD (with Trello), but my company wants us to do scrum with jira. So I am looking for ways to do this, without giving up GTD.
Does anyone have an idea?
There's a GTD Connect webinar with Luca Gambetti and myself where we discuss GTD and Agile: https://forum.gettingthingsdone.com/threads/new-webinar-gtd-and-agile.17146/

In short - GTD is (your) personal productivity practice, Scrum is team's productivity/coordination practice and they are not in conflict. Ideally, if your team is practicing Scrum well, you will get a task that needs very little if any additional clarification. In that case the tasks list in Jira can become part of your personal productivity system. But you still need to practice GTD to manage everything else in your life and work which is not covered by the Scrum process such as anything you want to achieve in your personal life or work tasks not captured in Jira (for example submitting expense report and other similar admin tasks).

I hope this helps.

kito99

Registered
Yes, I'm a software developer that usually works in agile development teams. I even do talks on GTD at developer conferences (although usually the organizers prefer more technical talks). I'll definitely read this!