• Our deepest thanks to the many GTD enthusiasts who have posted in and read this forum over the years. Because use has been steadily declining in recent years, we have reluctantly decided to make this forum a read-only reference archive. There is an active GTD discussion community on the new GTD Connect. Copy/paste this link to get a free trial: https://bit.ly/4hYicYV We still offer a range of other free resources for GTD enthusiasts at: https://gettingthingsdone.com/resources/

SEMATICS Question re: InBox, Tickler, Today's Stuff

:oops: You know I've listened to David speak many times on his tapes & CD's. There is one missing link [okay many more than one but let's just focus on this one] that I have come up against...

This has to do with my desk setup.

I take stuff out of InBox & Process & Organize.
Some stuff goes to Tickler File.
Tomorrow some stuff from Tickler File has got to get done. It's there on my calendar as an Event or Appointment. Or maybe it's a Next Action that could be done.
Quandry - if it doesn't go back to In...where does it go?

What I am trying to instill is to place it in a folder that represents today flat in my desk. It's next to me & it doesn't really create anxiety except for the push to get through that stuff that I committed myself today or someone else in authority delegated me to do today.

What are your practices?
 
Mine goes into an "Action Support" folder

The same folder I use as part of my "Six Travelling Folders."
 
Once I have a suitable NA for the action, I put the supporting material in a file called "Pending", which is where I put all the project support material that doesn't get a folder of its own.
 
Top