• Our deepest thanks to the many GTD enthusiasts who have posted in and read this forum over the years. Because use has been steadily declining in recent years, we have reluctantly decided to make this forum a read-only reference archive. There is an active GTD discussion community on the new GTD Connect. Copy/paste this link to get a free trial: https://bit.ly/4hYicYV We still offer a range of other free resources for GTD enthusiasts at: https://gettingthingsdone.com/resources/

Setting up Task Pane in Outlook

  • Thread starter Thread starter Sonja
  • Start date Start date
S

Sonja

Guest
Howdy,

I can't remember how to set up the Task Pane to include Categories when I am in the Calendar View. I just have a bunch of NAs uncategorized. I've been trying to figure this out for two days. Help!

Thanks,
Sonja
 
In Outlook 2002, right click on the Task pane header--on my version there's a bar that says TaskPad, and you can right click there, or on the place where it says Due Date. On the menu that comes up, the last choice is "customize current view." Click on the Fields button, and you'll see Categories as one of the fields you can add to the view.
 
I'm using Outlook 2003. What I did is right-click on the Taskpad header, point to "Arrange By", and click on "Categories". The tasks will now appear grouped by categories.
 
Top