• Our deepest thanks to the many GTD enthusiasts who have posted in and read this forum over the years. Because use has been steadily declining in recent years, we have reluctantly decided to make this forum a read-only reference archive. There is an active GTD discussion community on the new GTD Connect. Copy/paste this link to get a free trial: https://bit.ly/4hYicYV We still offer a range of other free resources for GTD enthusiasts at: https://gettingthingsdone.com/resources/

Simple*ology

Has anyone used the Simple*ology method as presented by Mark Joyner? I listen to the audiobook and I can see some areas fitting in with GTD. It deals with clearing you plate so you can focus on specific targets or projects. The way it deals with tasked is to do it, deliberate, or dump it. It also stresses that tasks to be tied to a specific goal or project. The to-do list cannot be tasks without a context. I found the book interesting and would like to hear from any others who have had exposure to it.

Dave
 
I read the book and quite honestly was not that impressed with it. When I read a book I basically do one of three things. Keep it (or buy it if I checked it out from the library) if I believe it has life changing insights, make notes in a journal of key ideas or points if some of it has value, then sell the book back or return it, or sell it or return it without making notes, which is what I did with this one

There wasn't anything in it I hadn't seen before, or that was that impactful on me.

Of course your mileage may vary.
 
Top