Slice of GTD Life with Kip Kirkpatrick

John Forrister

GTD Connect
Staff member
We've got a new Slice of GTD Life interview posted, with Kip Kirkpatrick.

Kip demonstrates how GTD shines during transitions. He's currently putting his GTD skills to good use navigating a career transition. He's also a busy dad, husband, masters swimmer, and active volunteer for Camp Fire Minnesota. Over the years Kip has tried various list managers, but has always chosen a digital system. He talks about his project to become proficient on Mac after years on the PC.

His inspiring quote: "GTD helps me lead a more intentional life."

https://gtdconnect.com/multimedia/audio.php?titleid=789&trackid=1415

Jodie E. Francis

GTD Novice
Oops, I listened to this on the same day that I heard Kelly's on clutter, so they have blended a bit in my mind. Maybe it was Kip that pointed out clutter goes away once the GTD system is in place...

John Forrister

GTD Connect
Staff member
Oops, I listened to this on the same day that I heard Kelly's on clutter, so they have blended a bit in my mind. Maybe it was Kip that pointed out clutter goes away once the GTD system is in place...

I know what you mean about blending. Whoever said it, it's true.

For me, clutter is stuff that's not purposefully in place. If I put something in front of the front door at night so I have to pick it up before walking out the door, that's not clutter, it's a visual reminder, in place on purpose. But the other day I found some guitar strings between two books on a shelf. Clutter, because there's no purpose for them to be there.

John Forrister

GTD Connect
Staff member
My other mind trick with the guitar is to think of it as decoration, even art. That way if I don't play it often, it doesn't show up as something that's out of place.