Software with bidirectional sync with outlook task

alevici

Registered
Hello I hope everyone is safe and going back to normal. I've implementd GTD since 5 months now always using Microsoft To Do becasue it looked the logical choise beeing my company completely on Microsoft platform.

I posted previously how I did implemented GTD with tags in the app: now it shows some limitations to how tags are managed by the software. I tested other option (Nirvana, Todoist and Omnifocus) but the lack of bidirectional sync with outlook calendar and flagged e-mail is a to limiting. Do anyone is aware if there are other software with this capability?

ivanjay205

Registered
Hello I hope everyone is safe and going back to normal. I've implementd GTD since 5 months now always using Microsoft To Do becasue it looked the logical choise beeing my company completely on Microsoft platform.

I posted previously how I did implemented GTD with tags in the app: now it shows some limitations to how tags are managed by the software. I tested other option (Nirvana, Todoist and Omnifocus) but the lack of bidirectional sync with outlook calendar and flagged e-mail is a to limiting. Do anyone is aware if there are other software with this capability?
Hi there! I went through all of those and struggled a lot with them. Most recently Nirvana and I desperately missed by calendar sync. Check out FacileThings. That is what I use and it does support calendar sync EXCEPT for recurring meetings :( But it captures the rest and is a huge life saver for me. Love it. The interface is not necessarily perfect but it is being tweaked and developed regularly (something that bothered me about Nirvana) and it is really solid.

alevici

Registered
Hi there! I went through all of those and struggled a lot with them. Most recently Nirvana and I desperately missed by calendar sync. Check out FacileThings. That is what I use and it does support calendar sync EXCEPT for recurring meetings :( But it captures the rest and is a huge life saver for me. Love it. The interface is not necessarily perfect but it is being tweaked and developed regularly (something that bothered me about Nirvana) and it is really solid.
Thank you for feedback. Do Facile Things syncronize aleso the tasks? Because i tyred it and it wasn't...

ivanjay205

Registered
Thank you for feedback. Do Facile Things syncronize aleso the tasks? Because i tyred it and it wasn't...
No but if you use FacileThings no reason to sync tasks. Just use that as your task organizer. They have a mobile app as well. And you can forward emails from outlook into it

ivanjay205

Registered
I need task syncronization because we use task internally
We too have a company task management platform. I find it doesnt work for my needs and its worth the effort to move into my system and mark both done when done. Or I leave them and in my gtd system i have a daily routine to check my work base tasks. Whatever works for you. I just find most company platforms are not geared to GTD and it takes a lot of work to come close to getting it.

alevici

Registered
We too have a company task management platform. I find it doesnt work for my needs and its worth the effort to move into my system and mark both done when done. Or I leave them and in my gtd system i have a daily routine to check my work base tasks. Whatever works for you. I just find most company platforms are not geared to GTD and it takes a lot of work to come close to getting it.
This is the reason I’m using Microsoft To Do that is a reasonable compromise, but as a famous brand’s motto says.. never stop exploring

alevici

Registered
I just started testing but Outlook Calendar is not sync...