• Our deepest thanks to the many GTD enthusiasts who have posted in and read this forum over the years. Because use has been steadily declining in recent years, we have reluctantly decided to make this forum a read-only reference archive. There is an active GTD discussion community on the new GTD Connect. Copy/paste this link to get a free trial: https://bit.ly/4hYicYV We still offer a range of other free resources for GTD enthusiasts at: https://gettingthingsdone.com/resources/

Sorting tip

  • Thread starter Thread starter Anonymous
  • Start date Start date
A

Anonymous

Guest
Just wanting to share something I do:

I use a simple Excel spreadsheet for my NA and project lists.
One thing that has greatly helped me prioritizing NAs and projects, is marking each one with I for Integrity, N for Needs, W for Wants.

As it happens, simply sorting alphabetically by these letters will give me a hint on where to start.

Integrity classification (for me) is primarily for commitments to others, but also important ones to myself.

Needs and Wants are sometimes hard to tell apart. It's also a challenge to not keep moving the W:s to someday/maybe - I find I need to fit in some Wants to stay motivated.

Thanks - have fun and get it done!
 
Top