• Our deepest thanks to the many GTD enthusiasts who have posted in and read this forum over the years. Because use has been steadily declining in recent years, we have reluctantly decided to make this forum a read-only reference archive. There is an active GTD discussion community on the new GTD Connect. Copy/paste this link to get a free trial: https://bit.ly/4hYicYV We still offer a range of other free resources for GTD enthusiasts at: https://gettingthingsdone.com/resources/

Stay within a certain Context or Processing Mode?

  • Thread starter Thread starter MLM
  • Start date Start date
M

MLM

Guest
I've been implementing GTD at work and while I can't use my Palm I do find the system to be working quite well. My question is related to Next Actions. When I complete a Next Action in a particular Context, should the item go back to the InBox to determine the next NA? I have folders set up for various Contexts since most of my InBox is physical paperwork. I wondered if I could just put the item in the appropriate NA folder, especially if I know what Context the NA is in. Also, if after processing the NA you discover the next step will complete the project and will take under 2 minutes, can you just go ahead and complete it?

How important is it to stay within a certain Context or processing mode - processing InBox vs. processing Next Actions?

Thanks!
 
Top