• Our deepest thanks to the many GTD enthusiasts who have posted in and read this forum over the years. Because use has been steadily declining in recent years, we have reluctantly decided to make this forum a read-only reference archive. There is an active GTD discussion community on the new GTD Connect. Copy/paste this link to get a free trial: https://bit.ly/4hYicYV We still offer a range of other free resources for GTD enthusiasts at: https://gettingthingsdone.com/resources/

Storing important information... MS Word?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Bebert
  • Start date Start date
I carry around a laptop as well. But the PDA goes Everywhere I go and is much quicker accessing info - phone nos, errand lists, Calendar. I hate waiting for my computer to boot up when all I want to do is look at my calendar!
m
 
Anonymous said:
VoodooPad Lite (for OS X) is a fantastic piece of free software for storing non-encrypted information. It can export all your notes to iPod Notes, so you can take them with you when you're out and about.

This is probably my _favorite_ piece of software on OS X.

Anyone know of a good Windows equivalent (for those of us who are stuck on MS at work)?
 
I used the trial version of WikidPad (http://www.jhorman.org/wikidPad/), and it was quite good. Not quite the same as VoodooPad in use, but a very similar wiki-style notetaking app. It costs USD$12 to purchase, which is very reasonable. I never ended up buying it because I switched to OS X around that time, and discovered VoodooPad.
 
Anonymous said:
I used the trial version of WikidPad (http://www.jhorman.org/wikidPad/), and it was quite good. Not quite the same as VoodooPad in use, but a very similar wiki-style notetaking app. It costs USD$12 to purchase, which is very reasonable. I never ended up buying it because I switched to OS X around that time, and discovered VoodooPad.

Thanks for the tip - I'll check it out.
 
Bebert said:
I'm a GTD guy using a fully paper-based approach and loving it. :D So most of these Palm suggestions dont apply. After thinking about it for a while, i'm starting to think that I need to store my information in something different than Microsoft Word.

Splash ID comes with a desktop version for Windows or Mac. So if you use a computer at all it could help. I actually use my desktop version 10x more than the one on my Palm. The Palm is really just for reference.
 
Top