Sub Important post about Asana digital software for GTD

Explaining I was able set up type Asana app IOS for i phone 8 after installing on my PC.

-first time go to use it...

was when waiting in a queue public place.

I wrote title of task basically "When next in Q (queue ) what Allen says should be reviewed digitally? Example in book waiting at restaurant- was it calander?"
1709466842065.png
as title of task with phone in aeroplane mode.

NA, reference in book.
New thread e

1709466388594.png

I attached - tried scan inbox key words such as "waiting" - it came up referencing book page - waiting for actions (2pages)which I believe - is type of list/tasks related to things which need to be waiting for to be progressed or require specific location. not what I was thinking.

I see that word queue isn't in index of book.

so maybe users reading this will - have in mind what I was thinking about - where read/saw something - example of Allen what he immediately goes to doing when he unexpected has to "wait in real life" for a reason .

What was it?

maybe @René Lie could help?

nostalgia ? quotes? References? not - cliche? Was possible words in heads for tagging this post topic words
"secondary digital tools" would be good one

STN 1

@René Lie

words stuff right now - I am pretty sure that figured now.

the answer to the question which - made this post in creation of was this:

review your calendar.

That - was - herd it else where - then thought Q cue - this is must have been the quote which previously had where saw allen writing about this.

There was some quote in book - saying Allen example when waiting queuing at a shop - he use that time to review his calendar.

and also recommends doing this - at any spare moment
-correct? Can confirm this?

in less 2 mins < 2min uploaded here"

René Lie

Certified GTD Trainer
Sure!

I review my calendar multiple times a day, whenever I feel that I need to.

The recommended order of daily review is

1. Calendar
  2. Next actions (for relevant contexts)
  3. Inbox(es) - physical and/or digital

Sure!

I review my calendar multiple times a day, whenever I feel that I need to.

1. Calendar
  3. Inbox(es) - physical and/or digital

You have all your next actions in Asana.

your digital Asan inbox.

you have some kind off physical maybe object also?

I was thinking should I paste/cutt your writing here

"

1. Calendar
  3. Inbox(es) - physical and/or digital"
And write it ontop of my "GTD workflow processing diagram (in my intray for reminders) another user suggested - so , just look over when doing weekly review, does that make sense?

STN

René Lie

Certified GTD Trainer
I personally have "@idle" context which I used for things to do while waiting for something.
In such a situation, I prefer checking any of my context lists which can be suitable for the context I am in.

The three limiting criteria for what we can execute in the moment are:
  • Context (what location am I in, what tools are available)
  • Time available
  • Energy level

René Lie

Certified GTD Trainer
Yes, in different context lists. But, actions that have to happen on a specific day and/or time go into my calendar.
your digital Asan inbox.
Yes, I have physical inboxes at home and work - and all my email inboxes are also part of this.
"

1. Calendar
And write it ontop of my "GTD workflow processing diagram (in my intray for reminders) another user suggested - so , just look over when doing weekly review, does that make sense?
I would say no - because these are for daily reviews - to make sure you keep your commitments (calendar), to execute on exisiting commitments (next actions) and to define your commitments (inboxes).

There's a certain checklist that is recommended for the weekly review...

your digital Asan inbox.

I was thinking should I paste/cutt your writing here

"

1. Calendar

STN
ITM thought.

@René Lie - see this quoted post I wrote "weekly review".
Because I thought that's what you initially wrote.

But it wasn't - you used "daily review" and I was thinking is that the first time I have herd this term, where is it written about? I don't know - is it this the first time I have herd it?

In such a situation, I prefer checking any of my context lists which can be suitable for the context I am in.

The three limiting criteria for what we can execute in the moment are:
  • Context (what location am I in, what tools are available)
  • Time available
  • Energy level
And then after that you will use @idle ?
Yes, in different context lists. But, actions that have to happen on a specific day and/or time go into my calendar.

The projects list in asana you mean?
Yes, I have physical inboxes at home and work - and all my email inboxes are also part of this.

I had idea - ask if you could show that your physical inbox looks like at home/work? or is there another way to better this idea written?
I would say no - because these are for daily reviews - to make sure you keep your commitments (calendar), to execute on exisiting commitments (next actions) and to define your commitments (inboxes).

There's a certain checklist that is recommended for the weekly review...
-cleared up above that I didn't realise you wrote daily initially/previously here.

your basically saying its not worth it: to have those 3 pointed written down as a physical reference somewhere in my bedroom because its too basic?

Well I took a picture of your "daily review" thought could save it- maybe use put it as background image with phone? does that make sense?" STN

René Lie

Certified GTD Trainer
ITM thought.

@René Lie - see this quoted post I wrote "weekly review".
Because I thought that's what you initially wrote.

But it wasn't - you used "daily review" and I was thinking is that the first time I have herd this term, where is it written about? I don't know - is it this the first time I have herd it?
"Daily review" isn't an official GTD term, it's just a description of looking over all your options of things you can get done. We wouldn't want to look at our calendars, lists and inboxes only once a week - then, how would we ever get anything done, right?
And then after that you will use @idle ?
I don't have a list called @idle. I guess that if I'm idle it's because I'm not doing anything - which works for me - otherwise, I use my context lists
The projects list in asana you mean?
No - the project list is a list of outcomes, what "done" means. As David Allen says, you can't "do" a project, you can only do actions associated with it. So I mean context lists such as @home, @office, @office, @computer, @errands etc.
I had idea - ask if you could show that your physical inbox looks like at home/work? or is there another way to better this idea written?
At work, I have six of these:

1710831537835.png

As I work for the government, I'm not entirely free to choose what office supplies to buy. I have labeled them as follows:

* Inbox
* Action support
* Waiting for
* Read and review
* Envelopes (supplies)
* Labels for printer (supplies)

At home, I have four Ikea "Drönjöns" baskets:

1710831732989.png

(I bought 2 packs of two and stacked them on top of each other).

At home I don't deal with much paper, but they are used as follows:

* Inbox
* Action support
* Project support
* Waiting for

Notice how the ones I have at home have an opening on the long edge - this is by recommendation from David Allen. These baskets only come in white - I would have preferred grey or black...

your basically saying its not worth it: to have those 3 pointed written down as a physical reference somewhere in my bedroom because its too basic?
Well I took a picture of your "daily review" thought could save it- maybe use put it as background image with phone? does that make sense?" STN
By all means, you could have this printed as a reminder - just don't confuse them with the weekly review - the latter has its own checklist.
The list of three (calendar, next action lists and inbox) is the recommended order to review your inventory of commitments and input. For example, it's a good idea to have a clear overview over today's meetings and deadlines before you start processing your email inbox...

"Daily review" isn't an official GTD term, it's just a description of looking over all your options of things you can get done. We wouldn't want to look at our calendars, lists and inboxes only once a week - then, how would we ever get anything done, right?
Right?
I don't have a list called @idle. I guess that if I'm idle it's because I'm not doing anything - which works for me - otherwise, I use my context lists

No - the project list is a list of outcomes, what "done" means. As David Allen says, you can't "do" a project, you can only do actions associated with it. So I mean context lists such as @home, @office, @office, @computer, @errands etc.

Right I don't have idle

View attachment 1774

As I work for the government, I'm not entirely free to choose what office supplies to buy. I have labeled them as follows:

* Inbox
* Action support
* Waiting for
* Read and review
* Envelopes (supplies)

View attachment 1775

* Inbox
* Action support
* Project support
* Waiting for

Notice how the ones I have at home have an opening on the long edge - this is by recommendation from David Allen. These baskets only come in white - I would have preferred grey or black...
Right I will need come back to this?
By all means, you could have this printed as a reminder - just don't confuse them with the weekly review - the latter has its own checklist.
The list of three (calendar, next action lists and inbox) is the recommended order to review your inventory of commitments and input. For example, it's a good idea to have a clear overview over today's meetings and deadlines before you start processing your email inbox...
... STN ~5mins

View attachment 1774

Why do you mention your not free to choose what office supplies you use? What do you mean?

Myself Tim - also have 6 type of trays (three of which are plastic) I have on other side of room don't use much. Then three types of metal intrays I have on my desk- and I feel like a voice in head says I am not best using them.

"e.g. where is it where Allen or GTD writes about use of intrays" ? I wonder could someone share?

Because I could give example: where basically I use these , had been using these intrays - e.g. top two metal intrays to put types of objects on my desk (related to actions/projects to do) and left them there certain amount of time - is it worth I enumerate my other words? e.g. might have left things on these intray for a month?
* Inbox
* Action support
* Waiting for
* Read and review
* Envelopes (supplies)

View attachment 1775

I wonder why did you- or do you use these different type of basket models at home? Because there is more space with them? Never seen this ikea model before - have a foreign name?

* Inbox
* Action support
* Project support
* Waiting for

Oh right it was recommended by allen to have a long edge at home?
And these 4 * asterisk - do you what have 4 separate baskets for these 4*s? (or you have 2 and two of the *'s are for one basket).

Yes - I ended up writing a very small note on paper (have in bottom inbox) and then took a picture on iphone (and put it in new folder on photos labelled GTD reminders) - so now" remember to do a GTD daily review ?
Right okay.

" (quote at start was)
ITM
next action
was look over writing here - due myself tim feeling when first replied here , could grasp everything rene was sharing
STN

René Lie

Certified GTD Trainer
Why do you mention your not free to choose what office supplies you use? What do you mean?

I mean that my workplace has to follow some national laws when it comes to acquisitions...

Myself Tim - also have 6 type of trays (three of which are plastic) I have on other side of room don't use much. Then three types of metal intrays I have on my desk- and I feel like a voice in head says I am not best using them.

"e.g. where is it where Allen or GTD writes about use of intrays" ? I wonder could someone share?
I believe it is in chapter 4 of the GTD book - where he takes you through the process of implementing the methodology.
Because I could give example: where basically I use these , had been using these intrays - e.g. top two metal intrays to put types of objects on my desk (related to actions/projects to do) and left them there certain amount of time - is it worth I enumerate my other words? e.g. might have left things on these intray for a month?
I think that the top one should be your "in" tray, for dumping whatever comes in (from yourself or others) - and you should try to empty it every 24-48 hours. Remember that "clarify and organize" is not the same as "doing" the task that the element in your inbox represents!
I wonder why did you- or do you use these different type of basket models at home? Because there is more space with them? Never seen this ikea model before - have a foreign name?
Oh right it was recommended by allen to have a long edge at home?
And these 4 * asterisk - do you what have 4 separate baskets for these 4*s? (or you have 2 and two of the *'s are for one basket).
It's not a recommendation to have one kind at home and another at work - I'd have trays with the opening on the long side in both places if I could. Either type should work just fine, find and use whatever suits your style. David recommends the ones that are "side-fed", and I like that.

I can see that the Ikea trays have the same name internationally: DRÖNJÖNS Letter tray

I used the asterisks insted of the built-in bullet list, that's all. I have a total of four baskets, one for each of the items I listed.

I mean that my workplace has to follow some national laws when it comes to acquisitions...
Oh okay
I believe it is in chapter 4 of the GTD book - where he takes you through the process of implementing the methodology.
Okay I should quickly go over this
I think that the top one should be your "in" tray, for dumping whatever comes in (from yourself or others) - and you should try to empty it every 24-48 hours. Remember that "clarify and organize" is not the same as "doing" the task that the element in your inbox represents!
Oh right I should create reminders
It's not a recommendation to have one kind at home and another at work - I'd have trays with the opening on the long side in both places if I could. Either type should work just fine, find and use whatever suits your style. David recommends the ones that are "side-fed", and I like that.
Yes you have separate ones at your workplace. But myself Tim wouldn't be able do that because doing have job with office
I can see that the Ikea trays have the same name internationally: DRÖNJÖNS Letter tray
I think my trays I have 6 are okay for now?
I used the asterisks insted of the built-in bullet list, that's all. I have a total of four baskets, one for each of the items I listed.
Right

Right - I didn't get any notification of this post, but saw it by chance, my notifications are messed up on fourm now :(