• Our deepest thanks to the many GTD enthusiasts who have posted in and read this forum over the years. Because use has been steadily declining in recent years, we have reluctantly decided to make this forum a read-only reference archive. There is an active GTD discussion community on the new GTD Connect. Copy/paste this link to get a free trial: https://bit.ly/4hYicYV We still offer a range of other free resources for GTD enthusiasts at: https://gettingthingsdone.com/resources/

Suggestion on Palm implementation of GTD

  • Thread starter Thread starter awebber
  • Start date Start date
A

awebber

Guest
I know I have had a number of issues trying to implement while using a Palm. It maybe that my previous system is so ingrained that it is difficult to over come the programming. But they all seemed to be around the Palm. In discussing this with a friend who is familiar with GTD, he suggested that I put the Palm in a shelf for a while and just work at implementing GTD using only paper for a couple of months to ingrain the process. "It is about the process, not the toys or the tools" he has said. Well I did it, and it really worked.

Just a suggestion for those of you who are struggling.

Alan
 
I have to agree with Alan. I "created" my system from scratch using paper, ran with that for about a month, and then got everything streamlined onto my Palm ("vanilla only please").

In the beginning, as I was starting from scratch with GTD, I had no idea how it would function (and I am sure many people have been surprised to find out that GTD had a life of its own. It is almost a living thing) and many of the processes I developed happened almost by themselves. I think doing it on paper in the beginning slows the process down a little bit and naturally forces you into a pace that is reasonable.

I know far too many people who get obsessed by "I need to get Palm program "X" to export to my To-Do list and then properly update through the desktop conduit". That is fine for later (or maybe never) but in the meantime concentrate on getting your system on track.
 
Top