Suggestion: Standing orders

paulmcdonald

Registered
Everyone: I've gotten a lot of mileage out of this idea. I wanted to share it.

I created a "task" that I call "Standing Orders" and it has its own category. In the notes of this task, I list everything that has some action associated with it when something happens to me.

For example, when I run across a certain file in my programming work that is an old version, I have a standing order to change it to the new file. Simplistic? On the surface--but there are specific steps that I need to follow to make that change that are somewhat complex. Rather than memorize them, I keyed in those steps in my "standing orders"

It allows me to have a ready-access place for notes of things that need to be done the moment I discover something that... well... needs to be done.

TesTeq

Registered
How do you use it?

paulmcdonald;113102 said:
I created a "task" that I call "Standing Orders" and it has its own category. In the notes of this task, I list everything that has some action associated with it when something happens to me.

How do you use it? When something happens to you (?) you browse the whole list of "associated actions" to determine what to do?

Folke

Registered
A kind of checklist?

It sounds like a kind of checklist. Would you say that is an accurate enough description?