summarizing what I took from the book "checklist manifesto" in appreciation of user @Wilson Ng

Every time I read a book, I absorb what is useful. I will often wait a few months and read it again. I might find something else to understand. It is like the Bible. It's not easy to read. It will take multiple reads to understand a lesson from the verses I read.

Every time I read a book, I absorb what is useful. I will often wait a few months and read it again.
Oh right
you have a set technique? - was maybe part of uploading this - you understand ? "
I might find something else to understand.
Like what?
It is like the Bible. It's not easy to read. It will take multiple reads to understand a lesson from the verses I read.

are you suggesting I read it again
or - wroth just try go through a different other book review of it online?

Wait a few months. Then read it again if you feel like it. You might see something in the text that you didn't understand the first time.

Or go to Youtube and search for "Checklist Manifesto". Everybody has a different way of learning. Some prefer to watch videos to learn. Some prefer to read to learn. You will find your own preference.

Here were my personal takeaways from that book:

• Following a checklist can help prevent mistakes.
  • If I have a process that I do frequently, then I should consider making a checklist for it.
  • My memory is fallible but a checklist will help me remember all the steps.
  • Checklists should be easily accessible from where and when I need them.
  • Checklists should be updated when improvements are discovered.

After reading the book, I created the following checklists:

• packing checklist.
  • cleaning checklist.
  • weekly review checklist.
  • things to keep in stock checklist (from which I prepare my shopping [check]list each week.
  • Any process that I do in work, like deploying some software, testing software is working correctly or setting up a computer. These checklists later acted as the requirements documents for automating those processes.
  • My business accounts.

Checklists are mentioned in passing GTD but I didn't find any substantial guidance on how to use them. Following the advice from this book gave me some ideas how to do that.

• If I have a process that I do frequently, then I should consider making a checklist for it.

• packing checklist.
  • cleaning checklist.
  • things to keep in stock checklist (from which I prepare my shopping [check]list each week.
  • Any process that I do in work, like deploying some software, testing software is working correctly or setting up a computer. These checklists later acted as the requirements documents for automating those processes.
  • My business accounts.

Checklists are mentioned in passing GTD but I didn't find any substantial guidance on how to use them. Following the advice from this book gave me some ideas how to do that.
@cfoley

Thank you for posting your very helpful and useful checklist examples

As such, thanking for helping to think on this end:
"Check List" are simply easier, superior, and more reliable on many levels than "Check Remembering" ?

Thank you very much sir

@TimBourne

Hi, Tim.

Nathan Lozeron of Productivity Game does reviews of productivity books, and his reviews are done with drawings. You mentioned once that drawing stimulates memory, so this might interest you.

Nathan Lozeron reviewed David Allen's updated edition of the GTD book. Here is a link to that video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4aD8WG49PY4

Nathan Lozeron also reviewed The Checklist Manifesto by Dr. Atul Gawande. Here is a link to that video:

Here is another video with drawings about the GTD book by someone at Successful Design. I like this one, too.

I hope you enjoy these videos.

Warmly,

Emily

Wait a few months. Then read it again if you feel like it. You might see something in the text that you didn't understand the first time.
Right - its worth I schedule this on list manger?
Or go to Youtube and search for "Checklist Manifesto".
You already - shared 1 video, which I went through and felt was limited by what I took "
Everybody has a different way of learning. Some prefer to watch videos to learn. Some prefer to read to learn. You will find your own preference.
I prefer summaries "

right
like a weekly review?
especially for me

• packing checklist.
I don't normally pack things?
  • cleaning checklist.
at home?
I could add this to my list manager?
  • My business accounts.

@TimBourne

Hi, Tim.

Nathan Lozeron of Productivity Game does reviews of productivity books, and his reviews are done with drawings. You mentioned once that drawing stimulates memory, so this might interest you.

Nathan Lozeron reviewed David Allen's updated edition of the GTD book. Here is a link to that video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4aD8WG49PY4

Nathan Lozeron also reviewed The Checklist Manifesto by Dr. Atul Gawande. Here is a link to that video:

Here is another video with drawings about the GTD book by someone at Successful Design. I like this one, too.

I hope you enjoy these videos.

Warmly,

Emily
im not sure its best I just watch - these all once through now?