• Our deepest thanks to the many GTD enthusiasts who have posted in and read this forum over the years. Because use has been steadily declining in recent years, we have reluctantly decided to make this forum a read-only reference archive. There is an active GTD discussion community on the new GTD Connect. Copy/paste this link to get a free trial: https://bit.ly/4hYicYV We still offer a range of other free resources for GTD enthusiasts at: https://gettingthingsdone.com/resources/

Surfing Time Saver?

Haven't seen a recent post on this, so I'm mentinoning -- I just discovered Bloglines. It's brilliant -- but I haven't yet decided if it will SAVE me time by condensing my web-surfing or WASTE time by giving me a new ctral hub from which to spin crazily out into the cybersphere.
 
The Jury's still out

I started using Bloglines a couple of months ago. It definitely makes surfing more effecient, which I think is saving me time.
 
It does both!

Vilmosz said:
Haven't seen a recent post on this, so I'm mentioning -- I just discovered Bloglines. It's brilliant -- but I haven't yet decided if it will SAVE me time by condensing my web-surfing or WASTE time by giving me a new ctral hub from which to spin crazily out into the cybersphere.

For me, it does both. I can read many things in one place, which makes my usual tour of the web much quicker. On the other hand, it's so easy to add new subscriptions that I end up with more stuff to check and read.

Keep Bloglines for the efficiency, but make sure you review your subscriptions and trim out the things you don't really need.
 
Top