Sync Outlook 2013 to list manager that uses categories?

Tanya

Registered
The reminders tab in Iphone syncs the tasks - but does not sync the categories? Anyone have any experience with this? I'd like Outlook to be my primary system on my PC and then sync to my mobile device Iphone 5.

Thanks for any thoughts. Hoping this is the appropriate place for this post?

Albert

Registered
Default Sync Outlook 2013 to list manager that uses categories?

I've had this issue also and was unable to fins a way around it. I now use the IMExchange2 app which does sync categories.

Zoltan

Registered
Many of my clients found a workable solution to be creating each list category as a new Task List instead of setting them up as Categories. This way they sync nicely with the iPhone Reminders app. But this does depend on your IT tech support & setup.

tjhoo

Registered
Albert;109698 said:
I've had this issue also and was unable to fins a way around it. I now use the IMExchange2 app which does sync categories.

I've used this. It's nice for viewing next actions via category. However, I have been unable to edit the categories for a given next action within IMExchange2.

Now am in the process of moving next actions over to Evernote which has reminders.

garmonita

Registered
Sync Outlook 2013 to list manager that uses categories?

Tanya, I have the same question. Did you find a workable solution?

Jenna

Alana.wright

Registered
I'm an RTM user as well

Hi all

I'll start carefully here by sharing that as a David Allen staff member, I'm not endorsing this app! (The app world changes too rapidly for us to endorse individual apps in the marketplace across the mobile platforms.) But I can share my personal experience.

I keep my trusted system in Outlook 2010 and wanted to synch with my Android. I also tried and failed with a number of apps due to the lack of ability to synch the categories / category view.

I'm using the Pro Version of Remember the Milk (RTM) and it works really nicely. While I'm synching to Android, I've heard from others that this works well to the iPhone as well - though I can't verify that personally.

I'd be curious to hear more on this thread about what has worked for others??

Gabrielle F

Registered
RTM with Outlook 2013

Works well to sync categories in Outlook 2013 and iPhone - you must use pro version of RTM, $25 a year.