• Our deepest thanks to the many GTD enthusiasts who have posted in and read this forum over the years. Because use has been steadily declining in recent years, we have reluctantly decided to make this forum a read-only reference archive. There is an active GTD discussion community on the new GTD Connect. Copy/paste this link to get a free trial: https://bit.ly/4hYicYV We still offer a range of other free resources for GTD enthusiasts at: https://gettingthingsdone.com/resources/

Taking Back Project Ownership

I just returned from a two-week vacation. Prior to leaving, I provided my boss and my backup with a list of all of my projects and the current status of each. The weekly review I did just before this sure made that easy. Now I am back, and am in the process of taking back ownership of these projects.

I feel like two things need to happen with each of these projects, before they become mine again. First, I need to understand what the current status is, i.e. what happened while I was gone, what actions were taken, etc. This is taking some time and effort because my co-workers aren't using GTD. Second, I need to recommit to the project.

In fact, I am re-evaluating some of these projects as I take them up again. I don't know if my vacation provided me with a fresh perspective or what, but looking at them now I have some different views on them. Some are along the lines of "What is taking so long to complete this?" or "Is this worth doing?". Before, I just accepted that these were my projects to deal with. Now, I am looking at them all with a different attitude.
 
Top