Task category disaster

wordsman

Registered
I've managed to lose the categories from all my Projects and Someday maybes on my Windows Mobile 5 phone! I was playing with Pocket Informant, which I'm struggling to get the hang of, and deleting old categories. I accidentaly deleted Proejcts and Someday maybe, and then replaced these categories, but those tasks have lost their category now.

Can anyone suggest how I can reover the categories? I've not synchronised since, so the tasks are intact on my PC. I removed Pocket Informant but that just removed the 'new' Projects and Someday maybe categories.

thanks

Ben

R

ReBuild

Consider a sync. However before syncing do a desktop backup plus also change your sync preferences so the PC overwrites the handheld. These two steps are key to ensuring that the screw up does not migrate to the desktop.

You could also do a soft reset of the device and see what happens.

wordsman

Registered
thanks, I can't see how to change the sync direction settings though. The active sync help doesn't help. So I'm going to delete the partnership and try starting again.

cheers

wordsman

Registered
sorted, thanks. I deleted the partnership, then synched as you suggested - replacing phone tasks with PC tasks. Deleted that partnership and set it up again to sync both ways.

cheers