• Our deepest thanks to the many GTD enthusiasts who have posted in and read this forum over the years. Because use has been steadily declining in recent years, we have reluctantly decided to make this forum a read-only reference archive. There is an active GTD discussion community on the new GTD Connect. Copy/paste this link to get a free trial: https://bit.ly/4hYicYV We still offer a range of other free resources for GTD enthusiasts at: https://gettingthingsdone.com/resources/

Task category disaster

I've managed to lose the categories from all my Projects and Someday maybes on my Windows Mobile 5 phone! I was playing with Pocket Informant, which I'm struggling to get the hang of, and deleting old categories. I accidentaly deleted Proejcts and Someday maybe, and then replaced these categories, but those tasks have lost their category now.

Can anyone suggest how I can reover the categories? I've not synchronised since, so the tasks are intact on my PC. I removed Pocket Informant but that just removed the 'new' Projects and Someday maybe categories.

thanks

Ben
 
Consider a sync. However before syncing do a desktop backup plus also change your sync preferences so the PC overwrites the handheld. These two steps are key to ensuring that the screw up does not migrate to the desktop.

You could also do a soft reset of the device and see what happens.
 
thanks, I can't see how to change the sync direction settings though. The active sync help doesn't help. So I'm going to delete the partnership and try starting again.

cheers
 
sorted, thanks. I deleted the partnership, then synched as you suggested - replacing phone tasks with PC tasks. Deleted that partnership and set it up again to sync both ways.

cheers
 
Top