• Our deepest thanks to the many GTD enthusiasts who have posted in and read this forum over the years. Because use has been steadily declining in recent years, we have reluctantly decided to make this forum a read-only reference archive. There is an active GTD discussion community on the new GTD Connect. Copy/paste this link to get a free trial: https://bit.ly/4hYicYV We still offer a range of other free resources for GTD enthusiasts at: https://gettingthingsdone.com/resources/

Task Paper, GTD for Mac

There is a new program for GTD on the Mac called Task Paper (http://hogbaysoftware.com/products/taskpaper) from Hog Bay Software.

It's a simple little thing for keeping lists with project and context views. The data file is plain text. Backups, etc. are as simple as saving the file under a new name. It's the sort of elegant software I'd been looking for.

I really admire it's simplicity. You can't waste time frittering with it. As an iPhone user it integrates well into my portable carry needs. I have a special email account for my iPhone. As the Task Paper lists are plain text, I can quickly paste them into an email and send it to my phone so I can carry it with me (I actually do two emails, one just for @errands and a second for the entire GTD list).

For those interested, give it a look. I've no connection with the company.

Scot Giles
 
Top