• Our deepest thanks to the many GTD enthusiasts who have posted in and read this forum over the years. Because use has been steadily declining in recent years, we have reluctantly decided to make this forum a read-only reference archive. There is an active GTD discussion community on the new GTD Connect. Copy/paste this link to get a free trial: https://bit.ly/4hYicYV We still offer a range of other free resources for GTD enthusiasts at: https://gettingthingsdone.com/resources/

TaskAgent

This week I started using TaskAgent for iPhone, iPad, and Mac. Will follow up after I've used it awhile but so far I really like it.

TaskAgent uses lists that are in plain text files. I like the flexibility of plain text, I can view with Quick Look on my Mac and I can edit from other apps, both iOS and Mac. I like the security too, less chance of corrupted files, and I can access them from my own backups as well as Dropbox's versioning.

Initially, TaskAgent stores your lists in the folder Dropbox/Apps/TaskAgent but you can move this folder anywhere. I have it in Dropbox/GTD.

Drag to reorder items in the list. Double-tap to check an item as complete. If you prefer you can set this in the settings to single-tap the item as complete. Swipe right to left to delete an item. List item can have a note. Has search and lists can be in folders. Also has archiving but I haven't tried that out yet. Dropbox sync is working really well.

You can add URL schemes to an Action menu. I added an action to send a list item to Due. Also added an action to search my library's website for the list item, I use that on my Books to Read list. There are lots of possibilities for the Actions - think of all the things you do with Drafts, if you have that app.
 
Listacular

You might also want to take a look at Listacular for iPhone, also uses Plain Text files, same format as TaskAgent. Just discovered it and I like how you can add a due date to a task and add a task anywhere in the list. (Some apps just add new items at the top or bottom).
 
Top