TaskPad: Outlook GTD addin configuration

D

DaveBartell

I use the GTD Outlook addin with great results except for printing a daily schedule. For those of you familiar with this, from Outlook in Calendar view, File-->Page setup-->Daily style shows the daily appointments and has a checkbox to Include TaskPad.

Great idea, but the TaskPad column shows all tasks (completed and uncompleted) in, what I can best figure, the order I entered them.

Anybody know how to format this TaskPad column to reflect how the GTD addin groups my tasks by Action or Project?

(I've searched online for Outlook tips and in the Netcentrics boards, but turned up nothing.)

kglade

Registered
You can right-click on the taskpad part of the screen and choose Customize Current View. Then you can group by action, sort however you want, and filter at will.

D

DaveBartell

Need a little more direction ...

You can right-click on the taskpad part of the screen and choose Customize Current View. Then you can group by action, sort however you want, and filter at will.

Thanks!

I have them grouped by GTD Action now, but the completed tasks still show up in this list. I'm stumped on how to remove them.

Note: for others looking at this thread, the explicit actions are

Go to Calendar view
Select View-->TaskPad
Move mouse over "TaskPad" title text and right click
Scroll down and click Customize Current View

In the Customize Current View window,
Click Group By

In the Group By window, (this is a 2 step process)
1. Click the pull down list under "Select available fields from:" (bottom of window). Scroll down the list and Click "User-defined fields in folder"
2. Click the pull down list under "Group items by" (top of window) and Click "Action"
Click OK (to close Group By window)
Click OK (to close Customize Current View window)

D

DaveBartell

Got it!

Totally out of my what has to be done today priority, but now it's not bugging me daily. I guess that's worth something.

It's done the same way as the GTD addin does it:

See my instructions below for getting to the Customize View: window

Click Filter button
In the Filter window, Click the Advanced tab
Click the Field button (a list pops up)
Scroll to Frequently-used fields and Click "Complete" (from the pop up list)
Select Condition: "equals" Value: "No"
Click Add to List button
Select Condition: "does not exist"
Click Add to List button
Click OK in Filter window
Click OK in Customize View: window

Done

A

afreemaniii

Genius!!!

Thanks for the fix. I had spent about 30 minutes trying to figure it out, then found your post after searching the forum.

Aubrey