• Our deepest thanks to the many GTD enthusiasts who have posted in and read this forum over the years. Because use has been steadily declining in recent years, we have reluctantly decided to make this forum a read-only reference archive. There is an active GTD discussion community on the new GTD Connect. Copy/paste this link to get a free trial: https://bit.ly/4hYicYV We still offer a range of other free resources for GTD enthusiasts at: https://gettingthingsdone.com/resources/

tasks resorting slow on iPAQ

Hello,

I have recently bought an iPAQ 2210 (so far try to make GTD work just on Outlook). I am very happy with the iPAQ, but for one thing.

When I have selected only certain categories in my list of tasks, e.g., have selected @Calls and then go to @Errands, it may take 8 to 10 seconds until the new list comes up. Is the same if I tick a task 'completed'.

Maybe it simply has to do with the amount of tasks (>600 active, including the Someday and @Waiting For). All other operations, Calendar, Contacts, Find on all data, are very quick.

Has anybody also seen this and has a hint for a solution?

Andreas

(I have already upgraded to the newest ROM version ...)
 
Are you remembering to close your applications? Setting< System< Memory< Running Programs? This might be paart of the problem. I find that Pocket Informant is much faster at sortng than even the PPC OS!
 
Top