Tech Gtd????

apinaud

Registered
I will love to know if there are more plans to the TECH GTD Segment of Connect. The last episode was in February and was a great section to listen about GTD in the Geek world?

Any official Word?

Best,

Carla Guarisco

Registered
Stay Tuned - Jott interview coming soon

Hi Apinaud,

Yes! David just completed an interview with John Pollard and Greg Andrews of Jott. It will go live shortly.

apinaud

Registered
Carla Guarisco;51024 said:
Hi Apinaud,

Yes! David just completed an interview with John Pollard and Greg Andrews of Jott. It will go live shortly.

Thanks Carla, that is one of those things on Connect that are a special treat. I will be waiting for that one.

Best,

John Forrister

GTD Connect
Staff member
TechGTD now has the Jott Networks interview

It's posted on the TechGTD section. Please let us know what you think.

Barb

Registered
Mike's Interview

A great interview this month! I listened to it via cd and, for some reason, the file isn't being pushed properly to ITunes. GTD Staff--you may want to check on that.

Loved Mike's insight into merging cultures in merging companies. I went through this 9 times in 11 years in my last corporate job! In NONE of those 9 times was proper emphasis put on merging cultures, except perhaps with the executive team once or twice. I hate to think what that cost in terms of lost productivity and how many excellent employees left because they didn't want to deal with it anymore!

P

pribut

I received the Tech podcast. It was interesting. I signed up for Jott about a week ago. It worked well for one day.

Since then, I receive no Jotts, just the daily listing of what Jotts I sent out. I reported this to Jott. Right now, we still have to accept that it is a beta version and not a finished product. It works well in theory. It worked well for one day, right now, however, I can not recommend it until it becomes more reliable.

My guess though, is the problems should be solved soon. Perhaps there is an overload from all of us GTD'ers signing up.

TesTeq

Registered
There are more people in India then GTDers.

pribut;51529 said:
My guess though, is the problems should be solved soon. Perhaps there is an overload from all of us GTD'ers signing up.

I think there are more people in India then GTDers so they will solve this problem. :)

Barb

Registered
Experience with Daily Jott - READ THIS!

For those who have tried Daily Jott, it's kind of cool. BUT this morning I received a summary of ANOTHER USER'S DAILY JOTT MESSAGES! They appeared to be both highly personal and, of course, confidential. Lucky I'm an honest person!

Use this tool with EXTREME CAUTION, if you must!! Personally, I unsubscribed immediately!

Tara

Registered
Barb;51683 said:
For those who have tried Daily Jott, it's kind of cool. BUT this morning I received a summary of ANOTHER USER'S DAILY JOTT MESSAGES! They appeared to be both highly personal and, of course, confidential. Lucky I'm an honest person!

Use this tool with EXTREME CAUTION, if you must!! Personally, I unsubscribed immediately!

Wow, sounds like the beginnings of a plot for a mystery novel. What if you received someone's Jott messages and...???

t

Barb

Registered
If I read them...

Well, the messages that were sent to me looked interesting, I must admit. But I just deleted without reading them. But you're right, Tara! What if it contained terrorism plot information or something? Wow...CNN here I come! (not really)

P

pribut

(I didn't mention that Mike's interview was super)

On the subject of Jott though, I also received someone else's Jotts this morning. I was trying to determine if this was a bug or a feature,or marketing something else,but it seems to be a mistake.

There were about 4 messages to someone else's name, voice was available to be listened to. So much for the build in safety features of not knowing whose jotts were going where. Here is an edited example:

_________
Run "name deleted" credit or see if his policy is renewed and see if it would be beneficial for him to run his credit, because he claims that his credit score has gone up about 150 points, that may make a difference. End of Jott. (8/20/2007)
________

Others had mention of passwords and account numbers. No company was mentioned by name. So I am still not 100% certain this was not a combination of test & error of some sort or all error.

But, I guess it is time for me to send a Jott to myself to opt out of Jott also.
:p

sjdavis113

Registered
Jott

I signed up for Jott a month or so ago and have loved it. The interview podcast was great - really enjoyed it. Although I haven't used Jott for anything confidential (just like I don't put anything in an email I wouldn't want God and everybody else to see), think I'm going to unsubscribe.

Cheers,
Stacey

Barb

Registered
Update

I had sent Jott an email with the misdirected information. I got a response, and a telephone call as well. Apparently, the data for one individual was sent to multiple people (how many, I don't know). There was some kind of issue with a test server. They were very professional and assured me that they are working on it.

Just the same, I think I'll wait until the bugs are out of this.