TesTeq: what GTD setup are you using now?

TesTeq

Registered
Low-tech Nokia E71 GTD usage.

nesterov;77616 said:
You're were using Nokia setup. How do you do it?

In my GTD setup I use Nokia E71 smartphone for:
- maintaining my hard landscape (calendar with alarms);
- recording information (multimedia inbox: text notes, voice notes, pictures);
- holding some reference data.

It's a minimalistic approach without any desktop/Internet synchronization or mobile e-mail support.

Oogiem

Registered
TesTeq;77663 said:
In my GTD setup I use Nokia E71 ....It's a minimalistic approach without any desktop/Internet synchronization or mobile e-mail support.

What do you use for your lists?

TesTeq

Registered
I like paper.

Oogiem;77668 said:
What do you use for your lists?

I like paper. My system is based on index cards. I tried Moleskine but it's impossible to rearrange pages.

I am also experimenting with old Palms and iPod Touch but just for fun.

I could switch to smartphone-only setup if I could find a full-size keyboard to enter data into the phone. Some time ago Nokia was offering wireless SU-8W keyboard for its S60 phones but there was no support for Polish language. There is also no wireless keyboard for iPhone/iPod. There will be dock keyboard for iPad but the Apple tablet is too big to fit in my pocket and it does not support Polish language.

rdgeorge

Registered
There is keyboard support for iPad. You could have both an iPad and and iTouch, and with Omnifocus and Mobileme, have your lists fully updated on both devices all the time (by hitting the Sync buttons.....)

rdgeorge

TesTeq

Registered
No iPad support for Polish language.

rdgeorge;77718 said:
There is keyboard support for iPad. You could have both an iPad and and iTouch, and with Omnifocus and Mobileme, have your lists fully updated on both devices all the time (by hitting the Sync buttons.....)

Maybe it will be a solution when iPad will support Polish language. Thank you.

alsa

Registered
You "could" do it in English

P.S. I am not a language purist although somewhat of a linguist by trade

TesTeq

Registered
ĄĆĘŁŃóŚŻŹ

alsa;77756 said:
You "could" do it in English

I can specify project names, outcomes & actions in English but there is a problem with people's names. I should spell them correctly to avoid mistakes and it is not possible without those nine Polish characters: ĄĆĘŁŃÓŚŻŹ.

alsa

Registered
TesTeq;77767 said:
I can specify project names, outcomes & actions in English but there is a problem with people's names. I should spell them correctly to avoid mistakes and it is not possible without those nine Polish characters: ĄĆĘŁŃÓŚŻŹ.

Oh, good point.

Generic BT-keyboard

TesTeq;77671 said:
. Some time ago Nokia was offering wireless SU-8W keyboard for its S60 phones but there was no support for Polish language.

I use a generic Dell BT-keyboard with scandinavian characters, works ok with e90.
Allthough its not very handy to carry around :wink:
- Jukka

luyingbyj

Registered
E71 Setup

I combined E71+ Outlook+ a "real" inbox+Dropbox bought from Ikea to setup the system.

I have same Outlook setting at home and in office. and I manage stuffs and category them in outlook. for emails, I keep all the email organized everyday in office computer. calendar, todos and notes are synchronized by E71 between home and office computer.
the real wooden box in my office is to give a place for me to put sticky notes and misc materials inside. I clear them routinely. this box is essential to me, since sometimes I have no time to process things immediately and I don't (cannot) miss any of them.
Dropbox is a file synchronizing tool. I use free 2 GB service to just synchronize related files of my current to do. the space is more than enough. it can work under Mac, Windows and Linux. the only drawback is, probably, that it first upload files to dropbox server and then you just download from the server, this make me dare not to synchronize confidential stuffs.
Dropbox is much better than Microsoft Groove. Using the latter, one needs to keep two computers running at the same time. and for me, I always shut down my office computer when I leave, then files can never be synchronized on my home computer.

I found E71 is a supero tool for GTD. there are many shortcuts on the homescreen and the default setting is not for GTD. Now on my homescreen, the application shortcuts are E-Book readers, advanced call manager(I didn't register for voice message service), Google Voice Search, bla bla. and my left key shortcut is search, thanks to TesTeq, I used search function to quick access lists and almost ten projects I am now handling (I cannot miss a single date of any project); my right key short cut is Note, when I have any idea I quickly put it in E71 as notes and after synchronized to Outlook, the Notes can be easily changed to ToDos by dragging from Notes to ToDos.

welcome for comments.

Ying

TesTeq

Registered
Nokia search function is really powerful!

luyingbyj;77954 said:
my left key shortcut is search, thanks to TesTeq, I used search function to quick access lists and almost ten projects I am now handling (I cannot miss a single date of any project); my right key short cut is Note, when I have any idea I quickly put it in E71 as notes and after synchronized to Outlook, the Notes can be easily changed to ToDos by dragging from Notes to ToDos.

Nokia search function is really powerful! And fast!