• Our deepest thanks to the many GTD enthusiasts who have posted in and read this forum over the years. Because use has been steadily declining in recent years, we have reluctantly decided to make this forum a read-only reference archive. There is an active GTD discussion community on the new GTD Connect. Copy/paste this link to get a free trial: https://bit.ly/4hYicYV We still offer a range of other free resources for GTD enthusiasts at: https://gettingthingsdone.com/resources/

The importance of dates

I've been using GTD for a couple of months now. In my last weekly review I looked through my Next Action list and noticed there were a couple of items that have been sitting there for 2 months. I decided that I'm probably never going to do those things and moved them to my Someday/Maybe list. I was really surprised at how long they were actually sitting there. I've looked at that list hundreds of times and I've always chosen to do something else.

That is one of the things I like about the GTD system, it keeps you honest. Seeing something like this I can just decide no, I'm not doing it and it really isn't too important and that's the end of it.
 
Weekly Review importance.

And the second conclusion is that the Weekly Review should be performed very carefully and consciously - not routinely.

It is not a quick look at your lists.

It is thorough examination of each item on the lists.
 
Top