• Our deepest thanks to the many GTD enthusiasts who have posted in and read this forum over the years. Because use has been steadily declining in recent years, we have reluctantly decided to make this forum a read-only reference archive. We still offer a range of other free resources for GTD enthusiasts at: https://gettingthingsdone.com/resources/

the most basic starting point for a weekly review for people who don't feel like they have energy or time for it

Yes I like this post. Inbox emails are the hardest for me. I generally track my time with an app called HoursTracker, and have started a weekly habit of what I call 'speed processing'. I set a timer and for 15 minutes I process as many emails as I can, starting with the easiest first. Just trying not to overthink, and clear out some of the junk. I'm now using a timer on my phone for the weekly review, just to help focus my mind.
 
Yes I like this post.
why did you like it?
Inbox emails are the hardest for me.
probably same for me.
I generally track my time with an app called HoursTracker,
i have never herd of that app.
and have started a weekly habit of what I call 'speed processing'. I set a timer and for 15 minutes I process as many emails as I can, starting with the easiest first
right I'm not doing that right now'
. Just trying not to overthink, and clear out some of the junk. I'm now using a timer on my phone for the weekly review, just to help focus my mind.
I'm not doing the weekly review "

S
 
I like this post because it is a problem I'm also grappling with, and you came up with some useful ideas.
Thank you :)
 
I like the third idea the best, I now have a short list for my weekly review:
  • mind sweep
  • project list review
  • What went well for the week?
  • What could have been improved?
  • What should I start / stop / keep doing?
 
I like the third idea the best, I now have a short list for my weekly review:
  • mind sweep
  • project list review
  • What went well for the week?
  • What could have been improved?
  • What should I start / stop / keep doing?
I can't remember what was the third idea?

project list
work well
could improve
start doing

I haven't seen this list specifically before "
 
Top