tickler for iPhone?

tedpenner

Registered
ALL LISTS (projects, next actions)
Nozbe
I have tried many things for calendaring and next actions on the iPhone. The best so far for me, seems to be the native Nozbe iPhone application for managing my next action and project lists. They do a fantastic job!

ALL TIME/DATE SENSITIVE with SMS and Gmail reminding.
Google Calendar
Nozbe unfortunately, and despite doing the next action / list management thing exceptionally well, has not added sms or email reminders to their calendar so I use SaiSuke iPhone app to sync with the Google Calendar instead of Nozbe for all calendar related items. Google's calendar is better than I thought it would be initially. I can quickly (at lightning speed) add a calendar item via a Gmail message. You would have to see it in action to understand what I am talking about. For now at least, calendaring with Google is the best way to go for me.

TICKLER NEEDED
Now I need a tickler. This is the 'missing piece' to my puzzle. I have looked at Nozbe for this and just can't quite get this to work the way David suggested in his attached write-up on it. I would prefer mobility with this one, but to be honest (iPhone or no iPhone), I simply can't find 'anything' really that will do this tickler file thing electronically.

Attached files image_295.pdf (123.6 KB) 

mickmel

Registered
I've been thinking about this a while. I don't have a complete answer, but I'm close.

Create a project in Nozbe named "tickler". Put items in it that are relevant, and make sure to assign due dates to them (use the first of the month for monthly items). When the due date arrives, Nozbe automatically turns it into a "next action", thus "tickling" you about it.

Wouldn't that pretty much do the job?

tedpenner

Registered
mickmel;64220 said:
I've been thinking about this a while. I don't have a complete answer, but I'm close.

Create a project in Nozbe named "tickler". Put items in it that are relevant, and make sure to assign due dates to them (use the first of the month for monthly items). When the due date arrives, Nozbe automatically turns it into a "next action", thus "tickling" you about it.

Wouldn't that pretty much do the job?
hmmm, I may give that a try. Since tickling is really context related, it would show up within other contexts and I am not sure I want it to. I've not tried it though really. I'll give that a go. The iPhone app recently added to the app store for Nozbe added a "Project Group" recently.

I'm not even all the way through the collection phase of GTD. Far from it in fact. Perhaps I am jumping the gun and going against advice. I thought that if I didn't have all the tools in place first, that would not be good ensuring myself of the system unraveling very fast. It now appears the opposite is true. Maybe I'll get through my collection phase :) Awe my head hurts now.

njefferson

Registered
Suggestion from other program - similar?

I'm sorry I don't know Nozbe, but I use Toodledo, and in it I set a "start date" for something I need to be tickled on, and then hide all tasks on my lists that are in the future. That task then will not show up until the day I intended. If there are files, I put them in a manilla folder and put that with my project support material, and reference the title of that file in the notes of the aforementioned task.

I don't know if Nozbe is similar, but thought that might help.

tedpenner

Registered
njefferson;64242 said:
I'm sorry I don't know Nozbe, but I use Toodledo, and in it I set a "start date" for something I need to be tickled on, and then hide all tasks on my lists that are in the future. That task then will not show up until the day I intended. If there are files, I put them in a manilla folder and put that with my project support material, and reference the title of that file in the notes of the aforementioned task.

I don't know if Nozbe is similar, but thought that might help.
That's interesting. I haven't played with filters. I'll give that a go.