TickTick VS Nirvanahq

assdfd513213

Registered
Nirvana has simple and nice gtd methodology system.
But I can't brainstorming in note field because there is no bullet note andI should use Calendar sperately.

TickTIck can view calendar very nicely. And I can brainstrom in note field.
I can use all the gtd methodology but it's little complicate and UI looks childish...

Which one looks better?

ERJ1

Jedi Master
Nirvana has simple and nice gtd methodology system.
But I can't brainstorming in note field because there is no bullet note andI should use Calendar sperately.

I can use all the gtd methodology but it's little complicate and UI looks childish...

Which one looks better?
I used and loved TickTick for a long time before moving on to Todoist. TickTick has A LOT going for it. It's a great app. What drew me to Todoist was better Google Calendar sync and their really good natural language support. Both TickTick and Todoist would let you brainstorm in the note/comment fields easily, though I can't recall if they specifically allow for bullets.

Also, try not to bounce between so many apps! If one is working for you, just stick with it. You'll tear your hair out switching over and over again.

assdfd513213

Registered
I used and loved TickTick for a long time before moving on to Todoist. TickTick has A LOT going for it. It's a great app. What drew me to Todoist was better Google Calendar sync and their really good natural language support. Both TickTick and Todoist would let you brainstorm in the note/comment fields easily, though I can't recall if they specifically allow for bullets.

Also, try not to bounce between so many apps! If one is working for you, just stick with it. You'll tear your hair out switching over and over again.

Thanks I'm testing which one to stick with it.

TickTick can sync with Google Calendar too. It really great.
I can view all the action from one app.
I think TickTick has best calendar view compare to other GTD apps and updates really fast. Comment, Bullet note, Hierarchical action features updated within 2~3months...

mcogilvie

Registered

I find TickTick is not very pleasant to use. Nirvana is a better option.
But someone who has to have bullets in the note field is going to follow
his or her own path.

assdfd513213

Registered
I find TickTick is not very pleasant to use. Nirvana is a better option.
But someone who has to have bullets in the note field is going to follow
his or her own path.

Me too...
TickTick has nice calendar view but hard to sort actions. It's really big problem for me.
How do you manage specific date or time action realted to project?
Write down both Calendar and Nirvana project list? then check complete when weekly reviewing?

mcogilvie

Registered
Me too...
TickTick has nice calendar view but hard to sort actions. It's really big problem for me.
How do you manage specific date or time action realted to project?
Write down both Calendar and Nirvana project list? then check complete when weekly reviewing?
I actually use Things, which is Apple-only, but Nirvana was strongly influenced by Things.
If something has to be done ON a particular date, I set the start date AND due date to that date.
If something has to be done BY a particular date, I set the due date to that date.
If something has a time and date, it’s an event or meeting, and it’s on the calendar.
The Today view in Things shows my calendar as well as next actions, but I refer to my calendar throughout the day too.
Any checking off gets done as soon as possible after something is done.

mcogilvie

Registered
What's "tab stop"?
Description
A tab stop on a typewriter is a location where the carriage movement is halted by an adjustable end stop. Tab stops are set manually, and pressing the tab key causes the carriage to go to the next tab stop. In text editors on a computer, the same concept is implemented simplistically with automatic, fixed tab stops. Wikipedia

In some word processors tab stops used to have visible marker.