• Our deepest thanks to the many GTD enthusiasts who have posted in and read this forum over the years. Because use has been steadily declining in recent years, we have reluctantly decided to make this forum a read-only reference archive. There is an active GTD discussion community on the new GTD Connect. Copy/paste this link to get a free trial: https://bit.ly/4hYicYV We still offer a range of other free resources for GTD enthusiasts at: https://gettingthingsdone.com/resources/

Time/Design System

  • Thread starter Thread starter Schyulkill.Fire
  • Start date Start date
S

Schyulkill.Fire

Guest
Can anyone give me recent annecdotes regarding this system? Everything I can find on it appears old. It seems pricey, and while I know each person needs a system which works for that person, generally speaking, have users found this system to be worth it? Thanks.
 
Schyulkill.Fire said:
Can anyone give me recent annecdotes regarding this system? Everything I can find on it appears old. It seems pricey, and while I know each person needs a system which works for that person, generally speaking, have users found this system to be worth it? Thanks.

The materials (leather, paper ...) are good.

I personally have decided not to use Time/System especially because it has no standard hole punching, so I have to buy all equipment from Time or add further holes to use standard binders for storage.

I know of one other person who phased out Time/System mainly because of this reason.

Yours
Alexander
 
hth said:
I personally have decided not to use Time/System especially because it has no standard hole punching, so I have to buy all equipment from Time or add further holes to use standard binders for storage.

I know of one other person who phased out Time/System mainly because of this reason.

Yours
Alexander

Time Design now sells their product in the standard US 7-hole 8.5" x 5.5" format used by Franklin, DayTimer, et cetera.
 
I use the Time/Design forms: activites, billing & accounting, project planners. I also use their databank which is great.

Because I use both my powerbook and treo to keep track of my schedule and contacts I don't need to use their calendar system.

Initially I purchased their outlook companion which is a pretty good system on it own (not to mention cheaper) however, I didn't like the time/design binders. I purchased the Filofax A5 planner at TJ Maxx for $15 and it is perfect for the time/design system (it has the same punch holes as the time/design forms).

To make the most of the system I did purchase the time/design 6 hole punch. Now I can put an 8.5 x11 inch paper into my system for reference if I need to.

Overall, it is a good system but there are a lot of other good systems as well. What I liked about this one was that it has a lot of room for customization.
 
Top