• Our deepest thanks to the many GTD enthusiasts who have posted in and read this forum over the years. Because use has been steadily declining in recent years, we have reluctantly decided to make this forum a read-only reference archive. There is an active GTD discussion community on the new GTD Connect. Copy/paste this link to get a free trial: https://bit.ly/4hYicYV We still offer a range of other free resources for GTD enthusiasts at: https://gettingthingsdone.com/resources/

Time Logging Software? Cheap with Outlook

Maybe I am looking for more than I need, but does anyone know of cheap software that can be used as a quick time log with fast date stamps that can be incorporated into Outlook or OneNote? I do have something in Excel. Just thinking outloud here. Thanks.
 
Do you just need to add a time or date stamp?

Jere - If all you need to do is add a time or date stamp to a note in Outlook or OneNote, I suggest you look at ActiveWords. Among its many functions, it can do this in just about any context you can imagine. All I do is type "date" followed by a command key and AW inserts the date at my insertion point.

Is this what you're after?
 
JERE:

Not sure if this is what you're after, but have you considered using the Journal function in Outlook? You can record the topic/project you're tracking in the subject line. The entry is automatically date stamped--start the timer, record any details about what you're doing in the notes section, and go about your business. Close/save the journal entry when your work is done. There it is...a record of your activity.
 
Top