Tip: @WaitingFor for weblog comments and forum comments

J

JonathanAquino

I like to leave comments on people's weblogs and on forums (like this one). How do I keep track of all the weblogs comment threads and forum threads in which I'm waiting for a response?

Thought of an idea: bookmark the threads. You can use your browser's bookmark feature (have a @WaitingFor folder).

Advanced: For "location-independent bookmarking", you can use a web-based bookmarking service like del.icio.us, or the BlogThis button for your blog (be sure to include a keyword like "tag:waitingfor" so you can easily find them later).

J

JonathanAquino

Hmm - managing my WaitingFor forum threads is a bit unwieldy with Blogger. I'm going to try going with a proper bookmark manager: del.icio.us.

I will use the tag "waitingfor".

remyc88

Registered
by having 2 or more @waitingfor folders in different locations do you ever lose track of when to check what?

J

jmarkey

I don't track waiting for comments, but I do use an @Read/Review folder in my bookmarks to label web sites I want to review when I have some spare time.

J

JonathanAquino

remyc88 said:
by having 2 or more @waitingfor folders in different locations do you ever lose track of when to check what?

Hi remyc88 - Yes, this is a concern - so I've got a list of things to check on a daily/weekly basis.

M

Marten Gaans

I have a folder labeled 'discussion' in which I drop the threads I'd like to track (drag the URL icon from the address bar and drop it in there) - that way I keep my bookmarks clean (and save about 4 seconds to open the bookmark manager if I want to delete it :wink: ).

I'm using a Mac so I can't tell whether this works for Windows, but probably so.