• Our deepest thanks to the many GTD enthusiasts who have posted in and read this forum over the years. Because use has been steadily declining in recent years, we have reluctantly decided to make this forum a read-only reference archive. There is an active GTD discussion community on the new GTD Connect. Copy/paste this link to get a free trial: https://bit.ly/4hYicYV We still offer a range of other free resources for GTD enthusiasts at: https://gettingthingsdone.com/resources/

Tip: @WaitingFor for weblog comments and forum comments

  • Thread starter Thread starter JonathanAquino
  • Start date Start date
J

JonathanAquino

Guest
I like to leave comments on people's weblogs and on forums (like this one). How do I keep track of all the weblogs comment threads and forum threads in which I'm waiting for a response?

Thought of an idea: bookmark the threads. You can use your browser's bookmark feature (have a @WaitingFor folder).

Advanced: For "location-independent bookmarking", you can use a web-based bookmarking service like del.icio.us, or the BlogThis button for your blog (be sure to include a keyword like "tag:waitingfor" so you can easily find them later).
 
Hmm - managing my WaitingFor forum threads is a bit unwieldy with Blogger. I'm going to try going with a proper bookmark manager: del.icio.us.

I will use the tag "waitingfor".
 
I don't track waiting for comments, but I do use an @Read/Review folder in my bookmarks to label web sites I want to review when I have some spare time.
 
remyc88 said:
by having 2 or more @waitingfor folders in different locations do you ever lose track of when to check what?

Hi remyc88 - Yes, this is a concern - so I've got a list of things to check on a daily/weekly basis.
 
I have a folder labeled 'discussion' in which I drop the threads I'd like to track (drag the URL icon from the address bar and drop it in there) - that way I keep my bookmarks clean (and save about 4 seconds to open the bookmark manager if I want to delete it :wink: ).

I'm using a Mac so I can't tell whether this works for Windows, but probably so.
 
Top