• Our deepest thanks to the many GTD enthusiasts who have posted in and read this forum over the years. Because use has been steadily declining in recent years, we have reluctantly decided to make this forum a read-only reference archive. There is an active GTD discussion community on the new GTD Connect. Copy/paste this link to get a free trial: https://bit.ly/4hYicYV We still offer a range of other free resources for GTD enthusiasts at: https://gettingthingsdone.com/resources/

Tracking Delegated Items

  • Thread starter Thread starter Anonymous
  • Start date Start date
A

Anonymous

Guest
My first post, sorry for any errors.

I run a large property portfolio in the UK. I have several hundred projects, many of them delegated to other professionals. The projects often last weeks or months. I like to know where each job is, some do nothing for weeks at a time then often there is a flurry of activity over a few days.

I have been keeping the latest development of each job noted in the notes section of outlook but think this is slowing down my productivity. It seems a bit like the telephone/email log with the system seems to discourage.

I would welcome any other users advice or experience in relation to this matter. Any practical suggestions on how you keep track of delegated projects efficeently would be of interest.
 
I find it helps to be clear about the specific deliverables on each project and track the next one on your "waiting for" list, with an expected date. You may want a separate list for these, so you don't mix them up with general stuff.

Hope this helps...

FBA
 
Top