Transition from PDA to paper?

dansch

Registered
Has anyone transitioned from electronic GTD (PDA) to paper? How did it go? What worked better? What worked worse?

A

Anonymous

I'm going to make the transition this week - I ordered at Time Design system and will see if it works out. Love the PDA and will still use it, but need a larger format for planning.

A

Anonymous

I know that there is a natural affinity between Time Design and GTD, but their stuff seems so expensive

A

Anonymous

That's because (in my humble opinion), T/D's stuff is "so much better". While Franklin/Covey is much cheaper than T/D, it is also OVER-FORMATTED. They seem to take delight into FORCING people into their paradigm (Priority A, A1, A2, A3, B1, A1A1B2, etc.) and as a result, I have found working with their stuff to be highly frustrating.

I guess I'm a dyed in the wool GTDer (who started with David back in...89) who is still used to the T/D style.

Just my .02!

Kent

A

Anonymous

Kent:

This is a good thing for me to hear, seeing that I'm going this way this week.

aderoy

Registered
The yearly updates for TimeDesign are not all that much different from Covey. Then of course when you add in the time/frustration saved it makes the choice so much easier.

I have had both, the piece of mind and performance gain from T/D makes me a repeat customer.