trying (Making my own") uploading reading notes in new thread while starting on basics

Post in the forum about reading the GTD 2015 edition

I am came into contact with person John Fr @John Forrister - after - I came back to this 2015 edition of the getting things done paperback (after I originally got it maybe three four years ago, r, was trying reading the first part, but maybe felt like I couldn’t properly implement the ideas when I was younger…

But now I am reading book still right now, going over all book from second part, trying read through , and try to properly review the book, so that I am back at the second part again

The book could be summarized into key parts - you can find GTD 2015 edition book review articles on internet (I have read/scanned/look over them

Like for example you can find book summaries [Book Summary: Getting Things Done by David Allen | Sam Thomas Davies (samuelthomasdavies.com)]

I myself tim was thinking occurred to myself - I should maybe make forum post of my own notes of reading the book.

Are there already people who have posted notes of there reading the book (whole book in general) overall in this forum? I doubt it

So this is where I should start?

As I also feel like need focus on basics (like haven’t got tools or instruments recommended in book (where for example Allen gives literal list of in the first or second part

Like writing tools

Or quality in tray or physical filing system

That would make sense.

I will try to update this post with an edit, or post more below of my own reading notes.

Shady Waxwing

Registered
As I also feel like need focus on basics (like haven’t got tools or instruments recommended in book (where for example Allen gives literal list of in the first or second part

Like writing tools

Or quality in tray or physical filing system
Almost everyone still has some physical stuff coming in, even if they are mostly paperless. Having an in tray or even just a dedicated "in" space the size of a sheet of paper can be useful so that your entire living/working space doesn't feel like an in tray.

No need to push yourself for physical tools like files if you don't need them. Consider whether you are more drawn to physical or digital tools and start small.

Shady Waxwing

Registered
Are there already people who have posted notes of there reading the book (whole book in general) overall in this forum?
This forum goes back a lot of years, with the GTD book mentioned in many posts.

In the GTD Connect forums there is an entire sub-forum for the GTD book, with threads for each chapter. It may not have recent posts, but the topics are still relevant. And you can find plenty of reviews and commentary about the book outside this forum.

John Forrister

GTD Connect
Staff member

In the GTD Connect forums there is an entire sub-forum for the GTD book, with threads for each chapter. It may not have recent posts, but the topics are still relevant. And you can find plenty of reviews and commentary about the book outside this forum.

Thanks for that reminder about book discussion. Here's the link:
https://forum.gettingthingsdone.com/forums/book-club-getting-things-done/

Almost everyone still has some physical stuff coming in, even if they are mostly paperless. Having an in tray or even just a dedicated "in" space the size of a sheet of paper can be useful so that your entire living/working space doesn't feel like an in tray.

No need to push yourself for physical tools like files if you don't need them. Consider whether you are more drawn to physical or digital tools and start small.
ITM Thanks very much

I wrote persons John F an e-mail where I showed 2 paper plastic trays I bought

I use paper

I am not sure which digital tools are best, or what digital stuff is best to use - didn't seem to give much example of what I have seen in book - I don't have the best up to date tec (such as smart phone for example, just have smart phone 8

Yeah - I am not sure I should use files or file folders

Although I do actually have files and file folders in my room right now - which have stuff like document/paper to do with bank or personal ID and drawings for example...

Do you think it would be worth getting three plastic intrays? so far I just have 2 , which had placed on bedroom floor (because don't actually have a legimate (typo) writing surface or desk in my bedroom - I just have a small TV table put laptop on and bed side desk - "I use my floor as a writing surface"

I think I addressed everything in this one fourm comment by shady waxwing

Thanks

Yes person John F just gave me access to these sub forums - (the sub fourm book club - that is one he gave me access to, but shady wrote fourms- as if there is more than one?)

"forum goes back a lot of years, with the GTD book mentioned in many posts." are there posts worth reading in this forum about the book I wonder?

If you try this link again I think it will open for you. I fixed your permission.
https://forum.gettingthingsdone.com/forums/book-club-getting-things-done/

John,
Coming back to this now.

On the link you shared here.

I had the thought: What would be the best suggested way to read the forum post chapters.
Like do you think it makes sense to start from the first chapter thread and read chronologically?

"Giving details I have shared John where I am currently looking or reading at part 3 of paper back book myself, what would be best do you think? I haven't looked at first part of book for maybe three years when I first got the book.

I could or might as well do a quick reading through of the paper back copy I have (finish part 3 and also part 1 - to get to second part where started) - then go other these fourm reading notes - does that sound like a plan?

Shady Waxwing

Registered
Thanks

Yes person John F just gave me access to these sub forums - (the sub fourm book club - that is one he gave me access to, but shady wrote fourms- as if there is more than one?)

"forum goes back a lot of years, with the GTD book mentioned in many posts." are there posts worth reading in this forum about the book I wonder?
If you go to the forum home page you'll see more forums with titles that start "GTD Connect."

Worth reading posts in the forum in general about the book? Definitely, if you want to get a range of interpretations.

If you go to the forum home page you'll see more forums with titles that start "GTD Connect."

Worth reading posts in the forum in general about the book? Definitely, if you want to get a range of interpretations.
Thanks

Yeah just told person john - changed that so that I am going to try to do something literally described what actions/events I did so far.

And…