Two programs on Palm for two computers with Outlook

tominperu

Registered
Here's the situation.

I use Palm KeySuite at for my Home/Personal actions. I sync this at home with Outlook. It works just wonderful!

I also use Outlook at work and would like to sync that also with my Palm, such that I can check through my work actions on the commute.

I could of course integrate both Work and Social action lists and they would then both would appear on my computers at home and at work. But I'm really enjoying the split between the two. This is after having them integrated for three years while self employed. I now work 9 to 5 and I am really enjoying coming home and seeing nothing of work and seeing nothing less I want to see of home at work.

I could sync via Keysuite at home and Palm simple Tasks at work but Palm Tasks just doesn't work for me. I can't seem to filter out post dated tasks or recurrent tasks and there seems to be other bugs in it as well.

Has anyone found any other Palm software as good as KeySuite. Then perhaps I could use that for work stuff and keep Keysuite just for homestuff. Or does someone have another solution?

ALECPINTO

Registered
syncing with two computers

Hi Tom,
I had a similar issue. I wanted to sync to google calendar, my palm and outlook on my laptop. I use a program called Agendus for outlook/palm (iambic.com). This allows me to filter tasks by dated/non-dated/ tasks overdue and multiple combinations of these. The default setting I use for it is undated + next 7 days + overdue.
Another neat function is that tasks I complete get auto dated and added to my journal. This helps during my weekly review to catch things that need follow up. It has a special category called Calls as well, where contact data gets auto linked to the task.
This syncs beautifully with my palm.
For google calendar, I use Gcal sync and then use that to send me SMS reminders of meetings with alarms. When there is an alarm set though, my laptop, palm and mobile beep... :)
This seems to work for me without having to do any work to keep them coordinated. I can add things to any of them whenever I like, and I am always likely to have one or the other devices with me at any time.
Cheers
Alec

clango

Registered
Palm

tominperu;58884 said:
Here's the situation.

I use Palm KeySuite at for my Home/Personal actions. I sync this at home with Outlook. It works just wonderful!

Which is the Palm are you using?
Ciao

Claudio

tominperu

Registered
I'm just using the basic Palm Z22 with the Palm operating system. KeySuite is really good.

By the way, I think I've decided on a solution to my problem. I need to using teh prefix H@ and W@ for categories and then filter out the ones I don't want to see in Outlook at work and at home. Not ideal but apart from buying another Palm Z22 for work only I can't think of another solution.