Using Bonsai

M

mochant

I like Bonsai's interface better

Anonymous said:
Do you think ShadowPlan is more complicated to use than Bonsai?

ShadowPlan is an incredibly powerful tool but I found it difficult to master. Bonsai, on the other hand, has a very elegant and consistent user interface on both the Palm and the Windows desktop. The caliber of the Windows client was the decision maker for me as I tend to do most of my authoring on the PC and use the Palm more for editing and marking progress.

Both programs offer outstanding developer and community support so whichever way you decide to go, there should be plenty of assistance available.

S

Siva

Bonsai

I have been using Bonsai for two years now, and it has been getting better and better. It is one of the three software I bought (the other two being datebk5 and daynotez).

The latest release makes this very powerful. The only thing I miss is hyperlinking to files or websites. Does anybody know how to do this?

I use it to outline my mini-projects (which are grouped under major item heading) and then outlining the todos and appointments. It is true that if there are too many branches, then the interface looks cluttered. There is a zoom feature that helps reduce this clutter. Bonsai has been a good investment! It is ready to become a full fledged contact manager on my system now - only if I could add hyperlinks to files on my desktop!

Siva