Voice Recognition Software

N

Nick Lascelles

Hi all

I have just purchased the Dragon Naturally Speaking Preferred voice recognition software after developing RSI problems (I'm a psychologist and type a lot of reports). So far, I am very impressed with the accuracy and the short training period required to get going. Wondered if anyone out there had experience with voice recognition technology and found it useful or otherwise?

C

CosmoGTD

Got it, tried it, trained it, liked it, stopped using it.

Coz

Eric Mack

GTD Connect
I use and like Dragon Dictate Professional version

I've been using this product off and on for many years. I like the pro version because it can be customized for specific applications; it also comes with templates for many business applications, such as Lotus Notes, Outlook, etc. That said, the basic version uses the same engine and is equally powerful at recognition.

My personal experience with dictation is that "when" I am willing to invest the time to get fully up to speed on how the product works, which usually take 8-10 hours, I can dictate without looking at my PC and with a high degree of accuracy. I mention the hour of familiarization becauze I am talking about truly using it hands-free for all commands as well as dictation.

For me, since I am not always in a place where I can use dictation, I found that I fell out of practice with the hands-free stuff -- not because of the product, but because of the way that I used it.

It's still agreat product and I return to it from time to time when I have to write a paper or article. Then, the savings can be dramatic.

As a capture tool, which was my original interest, it was not as helpful as I needed. It does not sound like you are using it in this capacity, so this may not be an issue.

Please keep us posted on your progress!

Eric Mack
http://www.ica.com