• Our deepest thanks to the many GTD enthusiasts who have posted in and read this forum over the years. Because use has been steadily declining in recent years, we have reluctantly decided to make this forum a read-only reference archive. We still offer a range of other free resources for GTD enthusiasts at: https://gettingthingsdone.com/resources/

Vonage and the Outlook GTD

  • Thread starter Thread starter Doogly
  • Start date Start date
D

Doogly

Guest
Hi,

I'm brand new to the whole GTD methodology, and have been easing myself into it. After reading the book, I came across an idea that seems to be working so far. It has to do with voicemails, which David Allen seems to dislike as a medium of storage. I agree for the most part, but still think my idea is pretty good.

I installed the Outlook GTD add-in on my Outlook 2003 application and built the additional folders I needed. I've been using Vonage [www.vonage.com] as my primary phone system and having vonage forward voicemails as attachments to my email. Often I only have time to synchronize Outlook before hopping on a plane, so its useful to me to have the VMs in my Inbox. With the GTD add-in, I can now effectively assign Actions, tasks, projects, etc. to a given incoming VM. This is great!

Just thought others may be interested in that idea......
 
Top