• Our deepest thanks to the many GTD enthusiasts who have posted in and read this forum over the years. Because use has been steadily declining in recent years, we have reluctantly decided to make this forum a read-only reference archive. There is an active GTD discussion community on the new GTD Connect. Copy/paste this link to get a free trial: https://bit.ly/4hYicYV We still offer a range of other free resources for GTD enthusiasts at: https://gettingthingsdone.com/resources/

Vonage as a capture tool

  • Thread starter Thread starter shareyoga.com
  • Start date Start date
S

shareyoga.com

Guest
My favorite capture tool lately is my Vonage phone account. Here's what I did:

1) Set-up vonage phone account (we have 2 numbers, one rings in the house, one for business only messages on the PC - all for about $25/month unlimited calling pretty much)
2) Set-up voicemail for email delivery on vonage website
3) While driving, if an Idea comes to me, I have the number on auto dial, call it, and just talk "free flow" while driving/stuck in traffic.
4) The voicemail is delivered directly to my email inbox for processing.
5) Capture the "idea" and "next actions" from it when I process my email inbox.
 
That's cool...

My Palm Treo 700p has a voice record built in, and I've been using it to capture things while driving. I have a daily reminder in my tickler to check for recordings so I don't forget to move any of them into the system.
 
Top