Want to bookmark my place in the forum

CamJPete

Registered
I have been using GTD off and on for a decade, but am new to the forums this year. I am learning a lot from them, but would like to work my way through reading all posts. Is there a way to bookmark my place, or mark as read, and then pick up again where I left off the next time I come here? I usually just have to start poking around the past pages until I think I get to the place I left off. Muchas gracias.

Oogiem

Registered
hmm my system flags unread messages/threads until I either read them or mark everything as read. The icons are slightly different.

Might take a look you may be missing the difference, I did for months.

CamJPete

Registered
I searched around and am still as confused as ever. On the left side of post board there is a blue or white paper icon showing unread or read (I believe). Is there a way to change that? I can't seem to be able to edit it. On the upper right there is a mark channel button, which gives the option to mark the channel as read. When I click that though, I think it marks the ENTIRE history of all posts ever written as read. When I finish reading a post and go back to the main board the icon has not changed from blue to white. Just curious where the toggle button exists to mark as read or not. Thanks for your response,

Cameron

Oogiem

Registered
CamJPete said:
I searched around and am still as confused as ever. On the left side of post board there is a blue or white paper icon showing unread or read (I believe). Is there a way to change that? I can't seem to be able to edit it. On the upper right there is a mark channel button, which gives the option to mark the channel as read. When I click that though, I think it marks the ENTIRE history of all posts ever written as read. When I finish reading a post and go back to the main board the icon has not changed from blue to white. Just curious where the toggle button exists to mark as read or not. Thanks for your response,

Cameron

OK here is what I see:

When I first log in to the forums a blue talk bubble appears on the left of forums where therer are unread messages.

If I click on a forum with unread items I see a green arrow on the paper icon on threads where I have participated.

There is an arrow blue I think (Can't remember and now I've read all forums) on the left between the paper icon and the thread title on those where there are unread responses. Clicking on that section gets you to the last read message.

If you don't click on mark forum read the marks don't change when you leave and come back.

See if that helps or ask again.

ps
Just checked again, if you are the last person to comment you won't see the new response indication.

TesTeq

Registered
I use this method (link) to access forums:

mommoe436 said:
I use windows version on my laptop to read forums, after logging into the Forum, I click on the search link that someone posted here early on (sorry I don't recall who), and this provides me with a list of only those threads that have new messages since my last know. A few more steps but works for me. I have this search saved on my bookmark toolbar and after reading the thread, I click on again to go back to the list of new items.

http://gettingthingsdone.com/forum/..."},"exclude_type":["vBForum_PrivateMessage"]}

It works.