• Our deepest thanks to the many GTD enthusiasts who have posted in and read this forum over the years. Because use has been steadily declining in recent years, we have reluctantly decided to make this forum a read-only reference archive. There is an active GTD discussion community on the new GTD Connect. Copy/paste this link to get a free trial: https://bit.ly/4hYicYV We still offer a range of other free resources for GTD enthusiasts at: https://gettingthingsdone.com/resources/

Web Smartphone Applications for Categorizing Tasks

Currently, I'm using Microsoft Outlook to manage my tasks.

I'll probably buy the Palm Pre when it is released. As a result, I need something to share my tasks between Outlook and the phone. I'm thinking a web-based app.

Where I'm having difficulties is that I need the app to do the following:
Allow me to assign multiple categories to the same task
Sync with Outlook -OR- allow me to export to a CSV file.

Any suggestions?
 
sweat;65839 said:
Currently, I'm using Microsoft Outlook to manage my tasks.

I'll probably buy the Palm Pre when it is released. As a result, I need something to share my tasks between Outlook and the phone. I'm thinking a web-based app.

Where I'm having difficulties is that I need the app to do the following:
Allow me to assign multiple categories to the same task
Sync with Outlook -OR- allow me to export to a CSV file.

Any suggestions?

Yes, move the whole thing to someday-maybe or tickler or whatever, and forget about it until the Pre comes out, reviews come in, and more is known. Then do R&D.
 
notmuch;65918 said:
CompanionLink announced they will have Pre-Outlook sync solution for stand alone Outlook users. The Pre supposedly will support Outlook exchange servers out of the box. Of course, this is all vapor-ware right now.

http://www.marketwire.com/press-release/Companionlink-Software-Inc-939116.html

I'm talking with Companionlink right now. They were really good about responding to my first email, and I'm not a customer, so that was a good sign.

Thanks for suggestion.
 
Top