Webinar archives

Flyer

Registered
Kelly, where did the webinar archives go?

I don´t get my weekly review done if I don´t hear you talking and taking me through the steps! ;) I´m also missing the one on procrastination that I wanted to listen to again.

The links are not on the Connect Home page anymore and I could not find them in Content either. I hope we can get access again, the webinars have been a great help!

Thanks and regards!
Flyer

BryantSmith

Registered
Webinars missing

Yeah... I agree to, I didn't get a chance to watch the procrastination webinar. That is disappointing. I hope that it is a glitch. I keep my membership around to keep up, but I don't want to feel rushed.

Will the webinars be brought back? What other webinars are missing besides procrastination and the weekly review?

Thanks,

Bryant

laurac

Registered
They're in the shop for a tune-up at the moment...

Thanks for sharing these thoughts with us, you guys - so great to know that you're able to continue to find these useful with repeated viewings. We pulled the MindSweep, Procrastination and Weekly Review webinars due to some quality issues with them. Kelly will likely either rerecord them or revisit the content in another format.

Bryant, you can find the audio of the Procrastination webinar in the Audio library (there were only a couple of slides and Kelly and Meg discuss the content of them during their conversation).

Attached files

Flyer

Registered
Thanks!

Thanks Laura! Looking forward to the new version of weekly review - and all others, it´s such a treat to get a new webinar about every two weeks!

markvwilson

Registered
Please don't pull them even if you plan to replace them. You could add an informational note if there's an update available. This has been a major feature for me since it became available.

kelstarrising

Kelly | GTD expert
The Archives are back...

All of the Webinar archives have been re-posted to the home page of Connect, including yesterday's Making It All Work with David. I apologize for the scruffy sound quality on this one.

It's an active project for us to refine this format for learning--including some live connection issues, audio quality, replay options and more. We may stick with the Citrix platform, we may not. We will be making more changes, including pulling and redoing some of them, but I can appreciate that some of you really like the replays, and were disappointed to find them pulled, so I decided to put them all back up for now.

The majority of you seem to have no issues with connecting live or on the replays. I do also appreciate some of you are "dissatisfied" with them and we don't take that feedback lightly. We carefully consider critical technical issues versus feature requests. We are working on a plan to host like all other videos on Connect, to alleviate what may stem from hosting on Citrix (like buffering) but it's time-consuming to encode them and not as straightforward as you may suspect to convert to Flash. Each Webinar is also about 80MB, so we're working with the reformatting and portability issues around that. As for formatting for iPhone, as an instructor, I have to push back on that one as an effective learning channel for anything that shows detail (like an Outlook demo.)

FYI--the Procrastination one, since it was primarily audio-based with very few visuals, is only available as an audio podcast.

I hope this fills in some details!

Cheers,
Kelly

bertplat

Registered
How about the slides?

I may be missing something obvious here, but are the slides (of the Developing your Higher Levels webinar, specifically) downloadable?

kelstarrising

Kelly | GTD expert
Hi Bert,

We don't post the full slides from classes, but I am working on a handout from that webinar and will post it to the Media Library.

Cheers,
Kelly

bertplat

Registered
Ta Kelly; the webinar video is of too low quality to actually see what's in the mindmaps.

Actually, what I'm looking for (here's the question behind the question) is real life examples of 30-40-50k mindmaps (or whatever you're using). Anyone brave enough to show theirs?

Layla

Registered
I would really appreciate an easy format of the slides too (ideally on colorless background, for easier printing and using less ink, thus being more eco-friendly? Could one just copy-paste them into Word or something? Or maybe they could be posted as pdf files?)
I did see some stuff in the mind maps, especially as it was read aloud, it wasn't all easily seen though, yeah..

Also, at times I mess up and click something, and then the webinar starts anew and I can't easily go back to eg 58:00 where I was before, with only a few minutes left - I may not have the time or will to go through the whole webinar again at the time, so it would be great if one were able to go see it from where you left off easily.. (Hope this is making sense?) I wonder if others have experienced something like this too?

Could this be doable? (Maybe I just don't know how?)

Otherwise, great webinars with lots of insights! I'd love to see one on teams and aligning horizons and goals etc.

kelstarrising

Kelly | GTD expert
Handout from the Higher Levels webinar

I created a handout from the Developing your Higher Levels webinar. Thanks for the suggestion Layla of a white background. I wouldn't have thought of that as I rarely print anything myself.

Or, you can grab it from the Media Library under Learning Tools & Templates.

Regarding moving around to a specific time, you should be able to grab the time bar and easily go to whatever time you choose. (see screen shot)

Thanks!

Attached files

Bruce2

Registered
iPhone formatting

How about this for iPhone? (would have value for larger viewing formats as well!):

Add Zoom in/out and pan effects at relevant times/intervals so that we see the whole picture as it relates to the audio...

Would this be doable?

Bruce

kelstarrising;70710 said:
. As for formatting for iPhone, as an instructor, I have to push back on that one as an effective learning channel for anything that shows detail (like an Outlook demo.)

Cheers,
Kelly

kelstarrising

Kelly | GTD expert
Hi Bruce

Since that posting, I took the community requests and have been creating an M4V version of the Webinars, that is podcasted to iTunes to play on your iPhone.

Zooming is possible, yes! However, we simply have not had the bandwidth to re-produce them down to this kind of detail. So sorry.

What we are doing now though, based on member requests, is:
- Putting on the Connect site as a Video replay in FLV format, with an optional "download" button as well
- Creating an Audio Only version in MP3, with an optional "download" button
- Podcast version of both the Audio (MP3) and Video (M4V)
- Creating handouts of whatever is relevant from the Webinar and posting those to the Connect Media Library under Handouts

And all of this is linked from the Video and Audio entries in the Media Library.

Cheers,
Kelly

Bruce2

Registered
Sounds great! Thanks! :)

Thank you for your detailed response!

kelstarrising;73603 said:
Hi Bruce

Since that posting, I took the community requests and have been creating an M4V version of the Webinars, that is podcasted to iTunes to play on your iPhone.

Zooming is possible, yes! However, we simply have not had the bandwidth to re-produce them down to this kind of detail. So sorry.

What we are doing now though, based on member requests, is:
- Putting on the Connect site as a Video replay in FLV format, with an optional "download" button as well
- Creating an Audio Only version in MP3, with an optional "download" button
- Podcast version of both the Audio (MP3) and Video (M4V)
- Creating handouts of whatever is relevant from the Webinar and posting those to the Connect Media Library under Handouts

And all of this is linked from the Video and Audio entries in the Media Library.

Cheers,
Kelly

Layla

Registered
Hi Kelly & Thank You! :)

It's great you chose a white background!
I try not to print much either, sometimes if things seem very valuable (or complex), I still print them out, cause I seem to process some material better off paper! And I can underline or color it, etc.
I do take notes, these can be illegible though, lol! (I'm a visual/kinaesthetic learner, and learn through writing, notes can be useless then..)

Could handouts of stuff printed on the screen (especially if it appears 'small') be present even at the webinar itself, or when posting it on the site? So people could follow more easily? Would something like this be doable? (I had to squint and rewind to get some of those, yeah!)

Also, it would be great to put the GTD Connect logo in black-and-white and a less ink-intensive version (not inverted)? (One can copy-paste from Adobe Reader into Word so this is not such a biggie, it would be nice if it's possible..)

I noticed something similar with the GTD magazine too? It was very pretty with graphics and a border around the page ends - I kept thinking wouldn't it be nice to have a 'print friendly' option too? (I actually printed some stuff out, cause it was so good! Only a few pages here and there, still, every bit counts, no?)

I did notice that you can 'pull' the timeline, maybe our broadband/computer was too slow and it took quite a while to be able to get from 'start' to 'almost to the end' due to buffering..? (So if there's any way around the lag, I'd be happy to know..) I did look at other materials and pull the timeline a few times, then eventually it did come to the part where I wanted to listen to it again.. Just wondering if it's possible to do it more quickly?

Anyway, thank you so much for your quick response and sorry for not replying sooner, was a bit busy!