Webinars on IPad or IPhone?

mcogilvie

Registered
Muhanad;86691 said:
Is there a way to listen or watch the Webinars on IPad?

The service used for the webinars supports only windows or mac os, so the only way to watch on an iPad is to connect remotely to a windows box or a mac.

Golfnut

Registered
Muhanad;86691 said:
Is there a way to listen or watch the Webinars on IPad?

If you are referring to past webinars the way to do so is to subscribe to the GTD Connect podcast in iTunes. Access to that content requires an active GTD Connect subscription. Once subscribed you can download past webinars and sync them to your iPhone or iPad.

If you are referring to participating in a live webinar there is a free GoToMeeting app for iPad available through iTunes which I believe will allow you to attend/watch/participate.

cmcantwell

Registered
You can watch archives on iPad

I have an iPad and often watch the archived webinars on it. You simply need to subscribe to the members-only podcast feed in iTunes and then make sure to sync that feed to your iPad. It works perfectly.

Currently, there's no way to participate in a live webinar from the iPad directly unless, as someone earlier said, you remotely log in to your PC or MAC from your iPad and watch it through there. Obviously your connection speed will determine the quality of this solution.

mcogilvie

Registered
cmcantwell;86710 said:
I have an iPad and often watch the archived webinars on it. You simply need to subscribe to the members-only podcast feed in iTunes and then make sure to sync that feed to your iPad. It works perfectly.

I don't think there is a way to download archived material directly to the iPad without syncing to iTunes, but I could be wrong. As for watching or listening to archived material via Safari on the iPad, I'm not sure if the website here uses flash for its media player, or something iPad-compatible instead.

DavidAntaramian

Registered
If you want to view live webcasts, it is possible to do so on your iPad, assuming DavidCo is using an up-to-date version of GoToMeeting (4.0, 4.1, or 4.5). Simply download the GoToMeeting app from the iTunes Store. When you receive the DavidCo e-mail inviting you to the webinar, simply follow the link on your iPad and you should connect. (Assuming you have a working Internet connection)

I've never actually tried this approach, but the app itself is free so there's no reason not to try.

mcogilvie

Registered
DavidAntaramian;86730 said:
If you want to view live webcasts, it is possible to do so on your iPad, assuming DavidCo is using an up-to-date version of GoToMeeting (4.0, 4.1, or 4.5). Simply download the GoToMeeting app from the iTunes Store. When you receive the DavidCo e-mail inviting you to the webinar, simply follow the link on your iPad and you should connect. (Assuming you have a working Internet connection)

I've never actually tried this approach, but the app itself is free so there's no reason not to try.

The company's web site doesn't mention the app when you register. I should have searched the app store. Good catch.

mcogilvie

Registered
Muhanad;86741 said:
It means I need to buy a Mac or PC to watch the archive??

When I click "download" on an audio recording in the media library, it doesn't download on my ipad, but does play. You may be able to actually download it with one of the 3rd-party browsers in the app store. I couldn't view video. The tech support people at Davidco may be able to give you more help; you can contact them through "Contact us" at the top of this page.

cmcantwell

Registered
GoToWebinar is not GoToMeeting

Hi All,

I'm almost positive that DavidCo is actually using GoToWebinar which is not the same as GoToMeeting so the GoToMeeting iPad app will not work to watch live webinars.

Also, again I haven't tried to watch the archived webinars on my iPad through the Safari app directly but I think since they are flash files they won't play that way [could be wrong on that one].

As far as I've been able to figure out the only way to watch them on the iPad is by syncing them through the iTunes podcast feed which does require a Mac or PC.

kelstarrising

Kelly | GTD expert
WE use GoToWebinar for our GTD Connect webinars (otherwise GoToMeeting has a 26 person limit!)

Muhanad, you wrote:

It means I need to buy a Mac or PC to watch the archive??

No. I explained in my earlier post to you that you can setup the podcasts to sync the archives to your iPad or iPhone. Please reach out to our support team at connect@davidco.com if you need help setting that up. They are happy to help!