• Our deepest thanks to the many GTD enthusiasts who have posted in and read this forum over the years. Because use has been steadily declining in recent years, we have reluctantly decided to make this forum a read-only reference archive. There is an active GTD discussion community on the new GTD Connect. Copy/paste this link to get a free trial: https://bit.ly/4hYicYV We still offer a range of other free resources for GTD enthusiasts at: https://gettingthingsdone.com/resources/

What @actions do you use?

  • Thread starter Thread starter trishacupra
  • Start date Start date
I'm a Senor Pastor and here are my lists:

@Projects
@Next Actions
@Calls
@Computer
@District/Denomination
@Errands
@Goals
@People Ministry
@Someday Maybe (I have these broken down in 3 months, 6-12 months, 1-2 years, 3-5 years, 6-10 years), @Waiting for.
@Agendas.

All this is in a Time/System paper binder.

I also keep Memos in my Palm with Lists, Dates (birthdays/anniversaries), Thoughts, Areas of Focus, Ideas, Inspirations, Key People, and Lists.
 
Re: @bout wh@t @ctions you use....

Why ask people what @actions they use...

If you can´t trust your self ... who else can you trust :?:

Actually, I don't trust myself to have thought of all solutions that might work best for me. Hence, the value of this discussion.

Regards,
 
Re: @bout wh@t @ctions you use....

mscudder said:
Actually, I don't trust myself to have thought of all solutions that might work best for me. Hence, the value of this discussion.
You will never know if you have thought of all solutions that might work best for you.
Perfectionism kills productivity.
TesTeq
 
I agree with TesTeq:
"The enemy of a good plan is the dream of a perfect plan."

However, let me add that this string has produced some useful ideas and applications. It's always helpful to share our insights since few of us have truly original ideas and re-inventing the wheel is an incredibly wasteful way to spend one's time.
 
Sometimes looking at ideas other people have also helps you to examine your own. I actually used the @blog NA list for a week. I quickly found out that, for me, I'd be better off with blog topics as a list. No big deal and only took 2 minutes to change. But, it was worth considering and I got another idea while I was thinking of that one. You never know which ideas will spark another. Plus, it's just interesting to see how other people implement GTD. :)
 
"A good plan executed violently today is better than a perfect plan executed next week." - Patton (I've also heard a similar quote attributed to Tecumseh.
 
Top