• Our deepest thanks to the many GTD enthusiasts who have posted in and read this forum over the years. Because use has been steadily declining in recent years, we have reluctantly decided to make this forum a read-only reference archive. There is an active GTD discussion community on the new GTD Connect. Copy/paste this link to get a free trial: https://bit.ly/4hYicYV We still offer a range of other free resources for GTD enthusiasts at: https://gettingthingsdone.com/resources/

What are your tasks possible to automate?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Guest
  • Start date Start date
G

Guest

Guest
I'm working on task management tool and I want to ask our community about tasks which are possible to automate by task management software. It will looks like you will create specific daily task, and you will see it in inbox every day already with information for you.

Probably it will be something like data retrieving and processing data.
For sample: Checking statistics from any sites every day.

I want to know may be you have that tasks. So, tool will do it automatically for you. So, Any suggestions welcome :).
 
Gosh, almost any electronic tools supports creating repeating reminders, with alarms. Just create one in your tool with a meaningful title, e.g., one that repeats daily named "Checking statistics from all sites." If the tool supports associated notes, you can put a checklist of steps right in the reminder, e.g.,

o list of sites: x, y, z
o step 1: verify a
o step 2: ...

Hope that helps.
 
cornell, I know about repeating tasks and reminders.
But I think you not understand my question.

So, you suggested to create task with description about which sites to check, which data to view etc (note that statistics is just example). But I want to create tasks which will be done by my tool. In case of statistics example, you just need to create repeating task, and every day you will see STATISTIC DATA you need already in task details in our management tool. You will not require to go anywhere more and do anything to found this stats.

So my question is what types or sample of tasks possible to automate you have ? The idea is to automate routine tasks if it's possible.

Thanks.
 
Top