What does an Agendas List look like?

Josh Mitchell

Registered
Hey there! I have been going through the guided weekly reviews on GTD connect, and keep hearing that I need an "Agendas list."

I'm wondering, quite practically, what this is supposed to look like.

My current understanding of the word "Agenda" has been a single, specific document that includes a schedule of what I want to accomplish in a meeting with a person or group of people.

So is the Agendas List a list that triggers me to go over all the agenda documents I've created?

Or is the Agendas List a list that HAS a simplified agenda on it for each person or group?

HOW and WHERE do you keep this list?

Any help would be great!

kelstarrising

Kelly | GTD expert
It's a version of a Next Actions list, so we typically recommend it goes wherever you store those lists. It's a list for storing talking points to go over with people or teams you meet with regularly. It's NOT a Next Actions list reminding you to do things. For example:

Setup meeting with Bob about marketing plan (goes on @Computer)
Marketing plan - should we hire social media manager? (goes on @Agendas - Bob list)

All of the DAC Setup Guides (https://store.gettingthingsdone.com/setup-guides-s/107.htm) also give tons of examples and variations about how to manage these lists.

TesTeq

Registered
My current understanding of the word "Agenda" has been a single, specific document that includes a schedule of what I want to accomplish in a meeting with a person or group of people.
As I understand, your approach to Agendas list is corporate/meeting oriented: you set up a meeting, decide who will be invited and create an Agenda ie. list of topics to discuss.
For me the GTD Agendas list is a container where I gather topics to discuss with people as soon as possible. It is people oriented. I know what I want to discuss with John but I don't know if I meet him today or tomorrow.

sonyavdg

Registered
TesTeq has it right. Another way of looking at it the same thing that might resonate with you is to think of it as a Next Actions list with a particular context - ie its your list of Next Actions that require the context "talking to Bob"

santoshdts

Registered
Hi,
The way iam using Agenda is, Iam having a nested Context called People under which I've listed Names with whom I need to discuss somethings.
Discuss: progress of New product launch @John
If I select a context @John, I get a list of all the tasks I've planned with John.