What one feature do you find the most value on GTD connect?

Barb

Registered
Coaches

12hourhalfday;69567 said:
What feature on GTD connect rewards you with the most value over and over again?

The Forum: especially when Kelly and the other coaches participate. I enjoy all the webinars and podcasts too, but the forum has been the most consistent thing I've liked.

The Forum by itself, however, wouldn't justify the cost. I wonder if anyone has noticed that there seems to be more activity lately in the "Connect" forums vs. the public forums. I hope we, as Connect members, get better about this. We are really the people most responsible for enhancing this part of Connect.

cldeblaere

Registered
For me it has to be the forum as well, and I get great help from the webinars as well, which are a great new feature.

12hourhalfday

Registered
Of all the features, I spend the most time in the forums and have received huge amounts of value from them including

* Amazing friends
* insights and breakthroughs
* Advice and coaching

But as far as value I would hold the forums second to the podcast. The podcast has shown me worlds I would never be able to see without my membership and I think they get more and more valuable every day.

Barb

Registered
Friends

12hourhalfday;69582 said:
Of all the features, I spend the most time in the forums and have received huge amounts of value from them including

* Amazing friends
* insights and breakthroughs
* Advice and coaching

But as far as value I would hold the forums second to the podcast. The podcast has shown me worlds I would never be able to see without my membership and I think they get more and more valuable every day.

I can't let this pass without comment! A couple of years ago, I might have read Brian's "amazing friends" comment and thought "no way are the people you interact with in a forum 'friends'".

But I'm going through a bit of personal drama right now and here's an example of what lies beneath the surface of this forum: I felt comfortable enough to tell 3 people what's going on and those three people actually sent me FLOWERS last week!

Trust me, there are real relationships formed here everyday. Perhaps my experience is unique because these 3 people are so amazing and unique, but I've seen lots of self-disclosing posts here with many heartfelt responses and offers to help.

What a world technology has given us!

apinaud

Registered
Took me a little bit of thinking to answer this. I think the only answer is the package.

Nothing in connect will make me to stay, just the forums, or the in conversation, or the tele-seminars will do it. for me is a whole package.

Long time ago, i wrote about GTD Connect, and explain at the time, that GTD Connect is like a Gym Membership, and I enjoy the whole experience.

This was what I wrote then:

apinaud;58910 said:
Usually I resist to post on this rants, but I will make an exception.

I joined Connect the day it was available, almost 2 years ago, and like others looking forward to get the money out of this investment, and like others once in a while go into this same discussion with myself...

What I have get out of Connect:
1.- Wonderful GTD content: Tech GTD (I always want more of this HINT), great In Conversations, Great Creative Questioning, Great Papers, Great Discounts.
2.- The opportunity to share and met brilliant GTD Minds.
3.- The opportunity to spend, share and met GTD mindset around my area.
4.- The opportunity to learn, share and improve my practices thanks to the Virtual Study Group.

The cost it is $48, that it is a fact, if it is worth or not it is a perspective issue, I have worked this system to get the most out my $48 and I am really happy, the support I have always get from the DavidCo team has always been great, they have always been professional and respectful and I appreciate that.

The important think is that you are getting the value, I see this membership as a Gym Membership (yes GTD is for me like a mental Gym), you are paying the fees, DavidCo is allowing to access to the facilities, but if you do not come, participate, and use it are always going to be expensive... For me, I try to come to this Gym as much as possible, try to get something out everyday, so far I have enjoyed a lot.

As Tara said: "you get what you put into it--no more, no less."

Best,

That was as Valid on June 2008 as it is today.

I have been vocal, regarding how much Kelly has bring to connect, and having a conversation with Liz the other day I understood why, (ok Liz mentioned and I got it) Kelly has treat this as a coaching place.

Finally, regarding the friendships I have made here, I am everyday grateful of those GTD Minds that I now called my friends!

Best,

12hourhalfday

Registered
apinaud;69611 said:
Took me a little bit of thinking to answer this. I think the only answer is the package.

Nothing in connect will make me to stay, just the forums, or the in conversation, or the tele-seminars will do it. for me is a whole package.

Long time ago, i wrote about GTD Connect, and explain at the time, that GTD Connect is like a Gym Membership, and I enjoy the whole experience.

This was what I wrote then:

That was as Valid on June 2008 as it is today.

I have been vocal, regarding how much Kelly has bring to connect, and having a conversation with Liz the other day I understood why, (ok Liz mentioned and I got it) Kelly has treat this as a coaching place.

Finally, regarding the friendships I have made here, I am everyday grateful of those GTD Minds that I now called my friends!

Best,

Very well said Augusto! I have to agree! The package is the thing that keeps me here!

Barb

Registered
Augusto nailed it!

Augusto, you totally summed up what I think a lot of us are feeling! I especially like the concept of the "mental gym"--very well said.

As for Kelly treating this like a coaching place, that's EXACTLY what I think we are all seeing.

Mardo

Registered
most value on connect

The forums are great but for me what sets it apart is the coaching content. The webinars and David Allens quarterly discussions are terrific. I also really enjoy and value the coaches interaction on the podcasts. The Latest podcasts on collect and process which is part of a series is really really good and helped me define the two separate activities with lots of good tips.
The getting started series is a wonderful tool to get back to basics when one( a one like me) tends to fall off the wagon or try and make things more complicated then they are.
I am pleased with the value that I get from being a member.

Flyer

Registered
All audio content has been great for me, I have actually discovered here that I´m an auditive learner.

I´m only about two months into my GTD practice, but I don´t think I would have done any weekly review at all without that particular webinar.

And the forum and all of you of course, getting so much feedback. I don´t know how Connect used to be, but I think this current version is worth the price, even if I at first thought that I´d go off after the first two weeks. Not anymore...!

Barb

Registered
Great!

Flyer;69631 said:
All audio content has been great for me, I have actually discovered here that I´m an auditive learner.

I´m only about two months into my GTD practice, but I don´t think I would have done any weekly review at all without that particular webinar.

And the forum and all of you of course, getting so much feedback. I don´t know how Connect used to be, but I think this current version is worth the price, even if I at first thought that I´d go off after the first two weeks. Not anymore...!

Flyer,

I'm counting you among the terrific people I've "met" here too. I've enjoyed learning about Spain and the differences in business culture.

You know, we have lots of international people here. Maybe we could start an "international business culture" thread and let everyone tell what's unique and different. It's fascinating, really!

sdann

Registered
For me it is the total package with some stand-outs:

1. Forum and forum members. I have learned and applied invaluable methods and strategies from the forum.

2. I love seeing familiar faces.

3. Webinars. I'm a big webinar fan; it's a teleseminar with pictures.

4. ConnectAudio area where they post all the audio conversations, teleseminars, etc.

Honestly though, I never notice if I'm in the Connect forum area or not. I just know I would miss a lot if I weren't a member.

I love the gym analogy, Apinaud.

Flyer

Registered
Barb;69632 said:
You know, we have lots of international people here. Maybe we could start an "international business culture" thread and let everyone tell what's unique and different. It's fascinating, really!

Thanks Barb! I have enjoyed the conversation, too, and I plan to post something on "cultural GTD" still this week.

12hourhalfday

Registered
Amazing Cycle of GTDCONNECT.

GTDconnect is a network of professionals dedicated to enhanced productivity supporting themselves while being supported by a company which is dedicated to enhanced productivity and enhancing the productivity and the value of the network.

That is a cycle I am proud to be a part of!

Barb

Registered
ooohh

12hourhalfday;69643 said:
GTDconnect is a network of professionals dedicated to enhanced productivity supporting themselves while being supported by a company which is dedicated to enhanced productivity and enhancing the productivity and the value of the network.

That is a cycle I am proud to be a part of!

Ohhhhh, that's good Brian. Really good.

Hermione

Registered
Audio & GTD-Q™ Assessment

For me the audio/sound from videos, which I listen to in the office and CDs in the car, and also GTD-Q™ Assessment, which helps me track what's working. Still finding it challenging to get time to work.....

but love the progress I am making.

Hx

Oogiem

Registered
12hourhalfday;69643 said:

Love the description!

cmcantwell

Registered
Different content for different contexts

Agree with everyone that it's the people and the whole package. Specifically, I like that there's different types of content for the different places I am or energy level I have. I love listening to the podcasts on my way to/from meetings. I've used the recorded webinars and seminars when I need a tune up at my home office. The intention journal is good for higher horizons. And I have the forums with me on my iPhone when I have down time and, well, want to connect with others. Great value so far.